How to Prepare for SSC MTS English Language Section: The notification for Multi-Tasking Staff (Non-Technical) Exam in different states and union territories is live at the official Staff Selection Commission portal. Every year, lakhs of applicants appear in SSC MTS Exam. This year, SSC MTS Exam will be held on 16th, 30th April and 7th May 2017.
Candidates under SSC MTS 2016-2017 Recruitment will be selected on the basis of their performance in the Paper-I and Paper-II exam.This is a golden chance for the aspirants who are looking for a government job. Meanwhile, let us help candidates to overcome written exam difficulties in preparing for SSC MTS English Language section.
SSC MTS Exam Pattern 2017
What is the Exam Pattern for SSC MTS Exam 2017? SSC MTS Paper I 2017 will be an OMR based Objective Paper of 150 Marks in Pen and Paper Mode.
The duration of the paper would be for two hours. The detailed pattern will be as follows:
SSC MTS Paper-1
|Part||Subject||No of Questions||Max. Marks||Duration of Exam||Duration of Exam for Handicapped Candidates|
|A||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||25||2 Hours||2 Hours 40 Mins.|
SSC MTS Paper-2
|Subject||Max. Marks||Duration of Exam||Duration of Exam for Handicapped Candidates|
|Short Essay/Letter in English or any other language included in the 8th schedule of the Constitution.||50||30 minutes||45 minutes|
- As per the scheme of the SSC MTS examination, there shall be two papers viz. Paper – I and Paper – II.
- Paper- I will be entirely objective while Paper- II will be descriptive in nature. There will be four sections – General Intelligence & Reasoning, Numerical Aptitude, General English and General Awareness in the Paper-1.
- Paper – II will be comprised of a Short Essay/ Letter to be written in English or any language included in the 8th schedule of the Constitution. Paper- II is simply qualifying in nature. It is intended to test the elementary language skills of the candidates to be suitable for the post.
Now let’s move further with the SSC MTS English language Tips.
How to Prepare for SSC MTS English: Tips & Tricks
It is necessary that you follow all these study tactics and tips in order to strengthen your overall prowess over English Language Section. Here we are providing some tips for SSC MTS English preparing for staff selection commission:
- First, you need to remember the Grammar Rules. However, you do not need to know all grammar rules after solving previous year papers you can easily understand what kind of question SSC is framing.
- For smart preparation of SSC MTS Level Examination, the best method will be to get all the previous question papers and do daily practice.
- Revise, Reflect and Learn from your mistakes. Revision will play an extremely vital role in improving your score in SSC MTS English Language Section.
- It is very important to know your weak areas so that you can pay your special attention to them. Give more time to the study of the subject or topic that you are having difficulty with.
- Maintain a plan for each day to practice topics essential to SSC MTS English Language Section and try to devote at least three hours for English exercise on daily basis.
- Try to maintain class notes by creating summary notes. Spot the key terms and concepts and make sure that you understand them.
- English Section in SSC MTS specially judges your ability to understand English and Proper Usage of Grammar. For improvement on understanding English Read Newspapers and Books on Grammar.
- You need to develop a habit to learn new words daily from newspaper, news channels, books etc. It will help you to build up your own lexicon of essential words.
- As you all know, Time Management is the important factor of every competitive examination. Therefore, you need to work on your speed. For solving questions at a faster pace, you have to test yourself on a daily basis by practice Mock Test and Assessments.
- Hard Work is essential for cracking SSC MTS, but smart work trumps everything. Make sure you are putting your best foot forward.
We hope all these preparation tips will prove beneficial for the upcoming SSC MTS English Examination. If there any doubts or queries, let us know in the comments section below.