How to Prepare for SSC CGL Tier 1 General Awareness Section 2017: Staff Selection Commission will hold the Combined Graduate Level Examination, 2017 (Tier-I) from 5th August to 20th August for filling up different categories of posts in various Ministries/Departments/ Organisations.
When it comes to exam preparation, candidates develop an ample number of questions in their mind pre-emptively.To help them, we are providing some crucial tips and tricks to be followed to prepare for SSC CGL Tier 1 General Awareness Section. But first, let us provide you a brief view of the exam pattern.
SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam Pattern
SSC CGL Tier 1 is Common for all posts. Those candidates qualify SSC CGL 2017 Tier 1 will be eligible for SSC CGL 2017 Tier 2.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
There will be negative marking of 0.50 for each wrong answer. Now you are clear with the exam pattern, Let us provide you some of the important topics to be covered for SSC CGL Tier 1 General Awareness Section.
How to Prepare for SSC CGL Tier 1 General Awareness Section 2017
Questions in this component will be aimed at testing the candidates general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person. Topics on History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Policy & Scientific Research and Current Affairs are expected to cover a major chunk of this section.
Do not skip current affairs. They are a crucial part of exam syllabus and their importance cannot be ignored!
The General Awareness Section plays a very important role, mostly due to the fact that it is very scoring. For a well prepared SSC candidate, it will take less than 2 seconds to answer the questions in written examination.
To help you in your preparation, here are some important preparation tips to crack the SSC CGL Tier 1 General Awareness section:
- Read newspaper on a daily basis. This will not only help in enhancing your general knowledge but also of English language. It is the best habit that people can engage in to help them in various fields of knowledge and education. Pay special attention to front page news as it contains the most vital and latest information.
- Follow magazines or online journals which covers various topics ranging from economy to business to trade policies to the latest awardees in the fields of sports, art, literature etc. Stay up to date about everything that is going on in the world.
- Prepare with the help of reference books which are available on various online sites rather than just relying on newspapers.
- Solve previous year’s papers on a regular basis. This helps in understanding the pattern of questions and how to attempt them. Also, you will learn the level of difficulty for each topic given in the syllabus.
5. Practice with various mock tests and question banks available online or through particular books. This helps you in assessing the importance of time and efficiency. Set a timer and solve questions within the time frame to increase your speed of attempting questions.
6. Make notes of important information which you find while reading and revise them regularly.
7. Most of all, always stay positive and believe in yourself. You can easily release all the pressure and work-load of your exams by maintaining a positive outlook.
We hope that this article will help you formulate your preparation scheme and score well in the SSC CGL Tier 1 Reasoning section. We wish you all the luck for the forthcoming SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam.
Stay connected for more information regarding SSC Exam Recruitment 2017.
Attempting this mock test will enhance your chances to get success in real Exam. Get unlimited mock tests for 12 months at INR 399 only. Click below image to know more.
We will keep you posted on the further updates. Till then, Stay connected for more information regarding SSC CGL Recruitment 2017. To excel in SSC Examination, download the Best SSC Exam Preparation App for free.