How to prepare for NIACL Assistant English Language Section 2017: New India Assurance Co Ltd founded in 1919 is a fully govt owned & market leader in non-life business for more than 40 years.It functions across all Indian states with 2100 branches & 19000+ employees.
New India Assurance Company Limited released a notification to recruit candidates for the post of Assistant (Class III). In its official notification, NIACL has mentioned a sum total of 984 vacancies for the post of Assistant. The last date to submit online application is 29 March, 2017.
Many of the candidates have submitted their application online & its time to initiate exam preparation. In order to secure good marks and qualify in NIACL Exam, here is a proper study plan on How to prepare for NIACL English Language Section 2017. But first let us provide you a brief view of the exam pattern.
NIACL Assistant Exam Pattern
Its obviously important to go through NIACL Assistant exam pattern before dwelling on study tips for exam preparation. A candidate must align his/ her preparation with the pattern & structure of the upcoming examination.
NIACL Assistant Exam Pattern for Prelims
|Name of the Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
Here are some details regarding NIACL Assistant Exam Pattern and Marking Scheme for Prelims Examination:
- There will be 100 questions, in total, carrying one mark each.
- Total Time duration of the exam is 1 hour.
Shortlisted candidates for each category, meeting the specified requirements set by NIACL, will only be allowed to appear for the NIACL Assistant mains examination. Without further ado, let us introduce best study tips for NIACL Assistant English language section. Keeping it simple and precise, in this post on NIACL Assistant Recruitment 2017 Preparation Tips, we are going to share few essential points which primarily aims at improving the overall score in the said exam.
How to prepare for NIACL Assistant English Language Section 2017
Now,we are going to highlight the tips for all of these topics one by one so that we can concentrate on each and every aspect individually.
Candidates’ understanding of the Basics of English Language, its vocabulary, grammar, sentence structure, synonyms, antonyms and its correct usage, etc. his/her writing ability would be tested.
Here we are giving you some important topics out of these which will surely help you maximize your score:
Major Portion include Grammar:
- Spottting error
- Error detection
- Cloze passage
- Reading comprehension
Each aspirant must be able to answer the following questions after they’ve read this article on How to Prepare for NIACL Assistant English Language Section.
How do I start preparing for NIACL Assistant English Language section?
Can I prepare for NIACL Assistant English Language Topic-Wise?
Which topics in NIACL Assistant English Language are easy to crack?
How much time should I dedicate towards NIACL Assistant English Language?
So, without any further build-up, this our take on How to Prepare for NIACL Assistant English Language 2017.
NIACL Assistant English Language: Preparation Tips for Reading Comprehension
NIACL Assistant English Language Section is predominantly filled with RC questions. Hence, to secure good marks, you need to be a pro at solving reading comprehension question.
- Read the entire passage carefully and then read all the questions.
- Do not try to attempt questions straight-away without reading and only referring to the passage for each question. Read the passage first and then answer the referenced questions.
- For Synonyms and Antonyms in NIACL English Language Section, refer to the line in which they are mentioned and try to infer their meaning by analyzing the meaning of the sentence as a whole.
NIACL Assistant English Language: Preparation Tips for Cloze Passage
An aspirant with a sound understanding of English Grammar and basic sentence structuring can easily solve Cloze Passage questions in English Language Section.
- Read the passage and go according to the flow.
- Cloze Test are considered to be one of the easiest questions, only if attempted properly. Though it can prove to be complicated as one error can cost you a lot of marks as all the blanks that are to be filled are inter-related.
- If you are confused or are unsure about any particular blank that you have to fill, just avoid it and go for the next one. If you are able to fill in the next blank, then you can come back to the previous one and try again by co-relating.
NIACL Assistant English Language: Preparation Tips for Fill in the Blanks
- Here, you can try the Elimination approach by eliminating the less-favorable options. This will make it easier for you to choose the correct answer.
- You can also go with rule-the-odd-one-out-strategy. Think logically and rule-out the option which is less likely to comply with the sentence.
NIACL Assistant English Language: Preparation Tips for Spotting the Error
Believe in yourself and eliminate options by reading the sentence after filling in the options mentally and asking yourself “Does this sound right?”.
NIACL Assistant English Language: Preparation Tips for Sentence Correction
- Understand the sentence and if you can decipher the meaning of the sentence, it will be easier for you to correct the sentence.
- Try segregating the sentence in to two sentences and then try to combine them after correcting each.
- Look for connecting words that form a pair and arrange them accordingly to form a sentence which is meaningful.
NIACL Assistant English Language: Preparation Tips for Parajumbles
- Analyze the theme of each para jumble and then try to restoring the paragraph in the right order.
- Try to synchronize the course of events in the form of activities based on logic so as to what is done first followed by others.
- Try to spot articles (a, the, etc.), connectives, pronouns (they, he, she, etc.) and adjectives. These will help you to deduce the sequence of events.
You can never be fully confident about a paper unless you solve the actual one, and the sample papers are the best ‘net practice’ for you before the real match.
Candidates who will be appearing for NIACL Assistant Exam can go through these golden study tips on How to prepare for NIACL Assistant English Language Section 2017.
Stay connected for more information regarding NIACL Assistant Recruitment 2017.