How to Prepare for IBPS Clerk Mains Reasoning Section 2018: The Institute of Banking Personnel (IBPS) will be conducting the second round of IBPS Clerk Recruitment Examination in the month of January 2018.
With only a limited time left for IBPS Clerk mains Preparation and Revision, it is the right time to formulate a study plan and proper exam strategy to crack IBPS Clerk mains. In this article, our primary focus will be on How to Prepare for IBPS Clerk mains Reasoning Ability 2018.
Revisiting IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Pattern 2018
The Examination will be divided into 4 sections i.e. Reasoning & Computer Section, English, Quantitative Aptitude & General/ Financial Awareness. Even though the Pattern of the Exam is new to IBPS Clerk but it is similar to IBPS PO. Don’t Panic and Practice well for the exam so that you can crack the exam.
IBPS Clerk Mains Reasoning and Computer Knowledge Preparation Tips
The IBPS Clerk Mains Reasoning Ability Section is quite massive. So, there can be a chance that you might miss out on a few scoring topics. Questions based on Reasoning Ability are fun to solve, provided you really know and understand the problem. Let us now go through each topic of reasoning ability section-
- Questions from Puzzle section are also sometimes mixed up with other topics like blood relation, direction, seating arrangement etc. Mostly 1 puzzle consisting of 5 questions comes from this topic.
- Input/ Output section comes with a word and number arrangement machine question, when given an input line of words and numbers rearranges them following a particular rule in each step. There is much possibility that this topic will cover 3 questions of double-sided arrangement. So, a candidate is advised to practice accordingly.
- Try to solve inequalities topic questions in less time so that you can utilize more time to other sections.
- As of IBPS Clerk Mains, it is expected that these questions will not come directly (say A>B<C>D) but in the hidden form (say A@B$C*D)
- Blood relation topic is fun to solve. Just try to apply the question to your family and follow the structure of the question, you will definitely get the answer in less time. This topic question can be manipulated in some other form too. Around 3 to 4 questions are asked from this section.
- Coding and Decoding carry significant weightage in bank exams. To solve questions based on Coding and Decoding you need to observe alphabets or numbers given in the question. The more prepared you are, the better will be your score
- Data Sufficiency is generally easy but time consuming because candidates take lots of time in understanding the logic of the question. This can be solved by regular practice and solve mock test papers on this topic. Based on the last year pattern, around 3 to 5 questions were asked from Data Sufficiency
- In decision-making questions, select the option that maximizes the benefit for the majority. Do not give personal judgment. It is a common tendency of students to adopt an approach based on your own value system. Generally, 2 to 3 questions are asked from this section.
- Computer Awareness is an important section in IBPS Clerk Mains Examination. Fundamentals will help you in resolving the complex problem, so you must read the fundamental elements of the computer before the examination.
- Lots of technologies developed in this field and students required to keep an eye on updates. The new types of questions involved just require the understanding of the content. Carefully read the information given in directions and solve questions according to it.
Some of the essentials points which every IBPS Clerk Mains aspirants must ponder upon for the upcoming paper are.
- Learn techniques to solve Sitting Arrangement/Complex Arrangements Questions in less time.
- Use Vein Diagram/I-E Techniques to solve Syllogism Questions. This will decrease the time to attempt these Questions.
- Learn alphabet series in ascending and descending order in accordance with numbers.
- Learn relation and Direction pattern this will help you answer blood relation and Direction based questions.
- Learn Abbreviations, Shortcuts, basic theories related to MS Office, OS and Basic Computer.