FCI Syllabus: Food Corporation of India has released the FCI recruitment notification for the recruitment of managers. Officials have released a total of 330 vacancies for different categories such as General/ Depot/ Movement/ Accounts/ Technical/ Civil Engineering/ Electrical Mechanical Engineering. The FCI exam is expected to be conducted in November/ December.
At this point in time, it is very important for candidates to have the complete knowledge of the FCI syllabus to plan and study well for the upcoming exam. The FCI examination will be conducted in two phases. The FCI Phase 1 syllabus will be common to all, whereas the FCI phase 2 syllabus will be post specific. Go through the article to check the detailed FCI Syllabus for phase 1 and phase 2 exams.
FCI Syllabus 2019
FCI Syllabus for phase 1 will consist of English Language, Reasoning Ability, and Numerical Aptitude syllabus. Whereas the phase 2 exam consists of 4 papers namely, Paper I, Paper-II, Paper-III and Paper-IV.
The Phase – I syllabus will be the same for all applicants. Besides that, Phase 2 syllabus is different for different posts. Paper-I syllabus is for the posts code A, B, C, Paper-I and Paper-II syllabus will be for code D, E, F, G. Besides that, Paper – III & Paper-IV will be for postcode H.
FCI Syllabus For Phase 1 Exam
The phase I syllabus consists of FCI Reasoning Syllabus, FCI Numerical Aptitude Syllabus and English Language Syllabus. Let’s go through the FCI syllabus for phase 1 in details.
FCI Syllabus For English Language
The topics included in the FCI English language syllabus is as follows:
- Error Spotting
- Phrase Replacement
- Cloze Test
- Para Jumbles
- Para Completion,
- Odd Man Out
- Sentence jumble
- Fill In The Blanks
- Reading Comprehension, etc
FCI Syllabus For Reasoning
The topics under the FCI Reasoning Syllabus is as follows:
- Arrangement and Patterns (circular, linear arrangement, random sequence, alphabet-based, order and ranking etc)
- Blood Relations
- Statement and Argument
- Direction sense
- Statement and Interfaces
- Coding & Decoding
- Statements and Assumptions
- Data Sufficiency, etc
FCI Syllabus For Numerical Ability
The topics under FCI Numerical Aptitude (Quantitative Aptitude) are as follows:
- Number System
- Number Series
- Time, Speed and Distance
- Linear and Quadratic Equation
- Time & Work
- Data Interpretation
- Permutation and Combination
- Profit & Loss
- Ratio & proportion
- Mixture Problems
- Simple and Compound Interest, etc
FCI Syllabus For Phase 2 Exam
The FCI Syllabus Phase 2 exam will consist of four papers. The paper-wise FCI syllabus is as follows:
FCI Syllabus For Manager – Accounts (Post Code D)
- Basic Accounting concept including preparation of books of accounts and Accounting Standards.
- Financial Management:(a) Analysis of Financial statement (b) Budgeting & Budgetary control (c) Working Capital management (d) Capital Budgeting & Ratio Analysis.
- Taxation: (a) Income Tax including filing of return, TDS, Advance Tax etc. (b) Goods & Services Tax.
- Auditing: (a) Auditing Concepts and Methods (b) Internal & External Audit of Companies.
- Commercial Laws: (a) Contract Act (b) Companies Act (c) Sales of Goods Act (d) Negotiable Instrument Act
(e) Consumer Protection Act (f) RTI Act.
- Basic of Computers: (a) Operating System (b) Browsers (c) Email (d) Memory (Internal, External,
portable) (e) Chats (f) Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) (g) Networks
FCI Syllabus For Manager – Technical (Post Code E)
- Agricultural- Statistics of Indian Agriculture (Cereals & Pulses), Food & Agriculture Microbiology, Nutrition
(Animal & Plant), Postharvest care of Cereals & Pulses, Foodgrain Protection, Agriculture Extension.
- Biotechnology- Microbes: Beneficial & Harmful, Genetic Engineering, Biotechnological Principles, Economic
Biotechnology, Pathogens & Control, Recent trends.
- Entomology- Basic Entomology, Economic Entomology, Beneficial and harmful insects, integrated Post
Management (IPM), Storage Grain Insect pest, Vertebrate Pests.
- Chemistry-Physical Chemistry: Structure of Atoms, Chemical Bonding, Radioactivity; Inorganic Chemistry,
Periodic Table, Basics Metals & Non-metals, Organic Chemistry, Basics of alkanes, alkenes, alkynes, alcohols,
aldehydes and acids, Biochemistry (Carbohydrates, Proteins & Fats).
- PFA Act, 1964, Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006/Food Safety and Standards Regulations 2011, Right to
information Act, 2005
FCI Syllabus For Manager – Civil Engineering (Post Code F)
- Engineering Materials & Construction Technology Selection of site for the construction, Planning and orientation of buildings, Ventilation and air conditioning, acoustics. Building and highway materials, Stones, Bricks timber, Lime, Cement Mortar, Plain and reinforced
Cement Concrete, Bitumen, Asphalt.
- Building Materials: Stone, Lime, Glass, Plastics, Steel, FRP, Ceramics, Aluminium, Fly Ash, Basic Admixtures,
Timber, Bricks and Aggregates Classification, properties and selection criteria, Cement etc.
- Construction Practice, Planning and Management: Construction Planning, Equipment, site investigation, Tendering Process and Contract Management, Quality Control, Productivity, Operation Cost; Land acquisition, Labour safety and welfare.
Surveying, Leveling, temporary and permanent adjustments of levels and Theodolite, Use of theodolite, tachometry. Trigonometrically and Triangulation survey. Contours and contouring, Computations of areas and volumes.
- Soil/Geotechnical Engineering
Classification of soil, Field identification tests, water content, specific gravity, voids ratio, porosity, Soil permeability and its determination in the laboratory and field, Darcy’s law, Flow nets its Characteristics. Local and general shear failures, design Criteria for shallow foundation, Plate load test, Stability of simple slopes.
- Highway and bridges: Classification of road land width, Flexible pavements, WBM courses, sub-base, sand bitumen base curse, crushed cement concrete base / sub-base course. Prime and tack coats, surface dressing, Asphaltic concrete, seal coats etc.
- Structural Analysis: Strength of materials, Bending moments and shear force, Analysis of determinate and
indeterminate structure, Suspended Cables, Concepts and use of Computer-Aided Design.
- Design of steel structures: Principles of working stress methods, Design of tension and compression members, Design of beams and beam-column connections, built-up sections, Girders, Industrial roofs, Principles of Ultimate load design.
- Design of Concrete and Masonry Structures; Limit state design for bending, shear, axial compression and combined forces; Design of beams, Slabs, Lintels, Foundations, Retaining walls, Tanks, Staircases.
- Estimating, Costing and Valuation: estimate, analysis of rates, earthwork, Brick, RCC work shuttering, Painting, Flooring, Plastering flexible pavements, Tube well, isolates and combined footings, Steel Truss, Piles etc. Valuation- Value and cost, scrap value, salvage value, assessed value, sinking fund, depreciation and obsolescence, methods of valuation.
FCI Syllabus For Manager – Electrical and Mechanical Engineering (Post Code G)
Thermodynamics, Heat Transfer, Refrigeration and Air-conditioning, Theory of Machines, Machine Design, Strength of Materials, Engineering Materials, Production Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Production
Planning and Control Material handling, Electrical Circuits, Network theorems, EM Theory, Electrostatics, Material Science (Electric Materials), Electrical Measurements, Elements of Computation Power Apparatus
and Systems (Power System: Power generation; Thermal, Hydro, Nuclear Solar power production and Transmissions), Electromechanics, Control Systems, Electronics and Communications, Estimation and costing,
Use of computers.
We have now provided you with the detailed FCI syllabus. Refer to the FCI syllabus and plan for the upcoming FCI Phase – 1 exam. Cover the syllabus on time and allocate some time for revision of the concepts. You can also take FCI Mock Test on our Onlietyari platform to improve your performance.
We hope this article on FCI Syllabus helps you. If you have any question Feel free to post your comment below we will get back to you at the earliest.