Crack SSC CGL Two Month Study Plan: Staff Selection Commission will hold the Combined Graduate Level Examination, 2017 (Tier-I) from 1st August to 20th August for filling up different categories of posts in various Ministries/Departments/ Organisations.
With just over 2 months left for SSC Combined Graduate Level Tier I Examination, here is our comprehensive SSC CGL Study Plan on How to Crack Tier 1 Paper in 50 days. Read each section carefully and ensure that you follow the preparation details carefully.
Crack SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam: 2 Month Study Plan
We at OnlineTyari always work towards making things easier for aspirants so they can dedicate maximum time towards building a proper study plan. So, to further our discussion on How to Crack SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination Tier I Paper, let us revisit the SSC Exam Pattern first.
SSC CGL Tier I Exam Pattern
SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination Tier 1 will be an objective MCQ based paper. Tier 1 Exam will be divided equally in 4 sections.
|Name of the Section||Questions||Marks|
|Reasoning and General Intelligence||25||50|
Tier 1 Examination will be attempted by candidates of each and every post. A few important points regarding SSC CGL Tier I Exam are as follows.
- The Exam will be bilingual in English and Hindi, except for English Language.
- Total Time Allotted is 60 Minutes.
- Marking Scheme: Each Question carries 2 mark. 0.5 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
We will now lay our 7 Week Preparation Walk-through or Study Plan for SSC CGL Tier 1 and hope everyone gets to Crack SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination 2017.
SSC CGL Tier I Preparation Guide for 50 Days
The basic thing to start SSC CGL Tier 1 Preparation is the Correct Study Material and a systematic approach towards reading each topic.
The Ideal Study Material for SSC CGL Tier I Preparation would be
- Study Material (Section Wise as well as Topic Wise): Precise Study Material for Reasoning, English, QA and GA will help you in building a clear understanding in each topic and establish the road-map towards promising results.
- Question Bank (Topic-Wise): This will help you in practising different types of questions, from easy to hard, that can appear in the actual Tier 1 Examination.
- Online Mock Test (Sectional and Full-Length): Online Mock Tests primarily help in achieving Overall Cut Off. Regularly attempting mock tests and practice papers will be major contribution factor towards your aspiration to crack SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination Tier 1.
Since there are 4 sections in Tier 1 Paper, here is the Section-Wise Level of Importance of Each Section and Priority Position in 2 Month Study Plan for SSC CGL Tier I.
SSC CGL Reasoning Ability & General Intelligence Preparation
This section is broadly classified into two major categories i.e. Verbal and Non Verbal. Verbal Section will constitute Usual Reasoning topics like Coding-Decoding, Direction based test, Blood Relation etc. and High Level Reasoning topics like Derivation of Statement – Assumption/Conclusion/Interference etc.
Non-Verbal section will include topics like Completion of Incomplete Pattern, Hidden Images, Mirror Images, Embedded Figure, Paper Cutting and Paper Folding etc.
SSC emphasises more on the Non-Verbal Section relative to all the other Major Recruitment Examinations. The weightage given to the Verbal and Non – Verbal Section is approximately equal.
SSC CGL English Language Preparation
The English Section is broadly classified under 2 heads i.e. Grammar and Non- Grammar. The Non Grammar section constitutes Reading Comprehension, Cloze Test, One Word Substitution and Synonym-Antonym.
Major topics like Spotting Error, Fill in the blanks, Sentence Correction, etc. comes under Grammar Portion. Maximum Questions asked in SSC CGL Examinations are singles making it difficult for the SSC Aspirants.
SSC CGL Quantitative Aptitude Preparation
The Quantitative Aptitude Section is majorly divided into 4 sections:
- Arithmetic – SI/CI, Percentages, Time & work, Speed Calculation etc.
- Data Interpretation – Tables, Graphs, Pie-Chart etc.
- Trigonometry – Angles, Trigonometric Functions, Height & Distance etc
- Geometry – 2D and 3D
If we analyze the previous year paper, equal weight age is given to all the above mentioned sections. So dedicate time accordingly in preparation.
SSC CGL General Awareness Preparation
This section for SSC Examination consists of Subject based Questions like History, Economics, Geography, Polity, and Science etc. This constitutes the 60% of the major section. Current and Static affairs cumulatively balances the rest part of this section.
If we see the last 2 year pattern we can easily analyze that current affairs is the smallest portion to be focused.
2 Month Study Plan to Crack SSC CGL Tier I
We have already discussed the Study Material for Complete Preparation and Priority-Wise topics included in the sections. It is almost 50 days for the SSC CGL Tier I Examination and we are going to give you a 2 Months Study Plan and Sectional Study that will enhance your performance and you can crack SSC CGL Tier 1 Examination.
Recommended: SSC CGL Tier 1 Solved Papers
Let us begin week by week and cover as many topics as we can with the best methods for solving questions.
Week 1: SSC CGL Tier 1 Study Plan & Exam Strategy
- Start with Current and Static Affair Portion for the General Awareness Section.
- Focus on Topics like National, Sports, Books and Author etc for Static Affairs.
- Read 3 Month Current Affairs that will be sufficient to solve the purpose. Major Focus should be given to the Static Part only.
- Try to Attempt GK Sectional Tests or Model Test papers.
Week 2: SSC CGL Tier 1 Study Plan & Exam Strategy
Reasoning appears among the Strength for maximum candidates. Hence, this week should be dedicated to Verbal Reasoning Part.
- Make a list of Topics that covers the 80% of the Verbal part.
- Try to cover those topics, clear concepts, practice to make the proper understanding of the various levels of Questions and minimize time to solve the Questions.
Week 3: SSC CGL Tier 1 Study Plan & Exam Strategy
Dedicate this week to the Preparation of Subject wise General Awareness.
- Focus each day to one subject i.e. History, Economics, Polity, Science and Geography.
- Refer some book that is facts based.
- Don’t go for a detailed book as you don’t have enough time.
- Revise GA portion frequently as this slips from the mind soon so be in touch with the portion.
Week 4: SSC CGL Tier 1 Study Plan & Exam Strategy
Start Quantitative Aptitude section this week; take two topics i.e. Arithmetic and Data Interpretation.
- Dedicate 4 days to arithmetic part and 2 Days to Data Interpretation.
- Practising will decrease the time to solve the Question.
- Learn Tables, Squares, direct formulas and Shortcuts will help in solving the Questions easily.
Week 5: SSC CGL Tier 1 Study Plan & Exam Strategy
Dedicate this week to read the Non-Verbal portion of Reasoning. Focus on some major topics that appear too frequently in the paper like paper folding and cutting, Completion of Incomplete pattern, Figure Matrix, Hidden Images etc. Non-Verbal Section is not too big. In Last two days revise the GA section and Appear for the Reasoning Sectional Test.
Week 6: SSC CGL Tier 1 Study Plan & Exam Strategy
Start Grammar Section this Week and try to cover all the basic topics like Spotting the Error, Sentence Correction etc. and their usage so that you can save your time and complete the English section in minimum time.
Week 7: SSC CGL Tier 1 Study Plan & Exam Strategy
Cover the left topics of Quantitative Aptitude this week i.e. Geometry and Trigonometry.
- Major topics asked from this section is Circles, Angles, Trigonometric Theorems, Height and Distances etc.
- Learn Basic Concepts d, direct formulas this will be the key to scoring as both topics are Formula dependent only.
- Appear for a combined Quantitative Sectional Mock Test and Revise GA section topics.
Week 8: SSC CGL Tier 1 Study Plan & Exam Strategy
Cover the left over English Portion i.e. Non-Grammar part in this week.
- Reading Comprehension, Cloze Test and One word Substitution are the major topics to be focused and scoring one as well.
- In the last two days of the week revise things that seem to be slept out.
Make sure that you have covered all the major topics that are going to appear in the paper. Equal number of topics from each section must be among your strength in each section.
Don’t get confused thinking about how vast the study plan is or how much time you need to dedicate towards this. Just be confident and start your preparation. Everything will fall in the right place and you will crack SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination Tier I.
All the Best and Keep Learning. Let us know your doubts and queries in the comments section below.
Stay connected for more information regarding SSC Exam Recruitment 2017. To excel in SSC CGL Examination, download the Best SSC CGL Exam Preparation App for free.