How to Attempt UP Police SI Exam: UP Police Exam will be conducted from 17 July to 31st July 2017 to recruit 3307 male and female candidates for the posts of Sub-Inspector, Platoon Commander and Fire Officer vacancies. With just a few days left, candidates preparing for UP Police SI Exam need to concentrate more on maximising speed and accuracy in the overall paper.
To crack UP Police SI Examination, candidates need to apply a focused strategy. With a number of countable hours left, it is apt to publish the final tips for both preparation and revision, which will help candidates understand how to attempt UP Police SI Exam.
UP Police SI Exam Pattern
- 1 UP Police SI Exam Pattern
- 2 How to Attempt UP Police SI Exam 2017
UP Police SI written exam 2016 will be conducted online by PRPB. There are 4 subjects that add up to a total of 400 marks. The written test is objective in nature i.e multiple choice questions will be asked.
|3.||Numerical and Mental Ability Test||100|
|4.||Mental Aptitude Test/Intelligence Test/Test of Reasoning||100|
Let us move to the main topic of our article i.e How to Attempt UP Police SI 2016 Examination.
How to Attempt UP Police SI Exam 2017
In order to crack UP Police SI Exam 2017, you need to develop a strategy instead of a study plan. Here are a few pointers which might help you. Let us start with the Numerical and Mental ability test
Numerical and Mental ability test
In UP Police SI Numerical Ability section, Most questions range from easy to moderate level. Try to align your preparation with the exam pattern Numerical Ability Section in the upcoming Recruitment Exam. This will help candidate to attempt Numerical Ability section in better ways.
- Give mock tests regularly. Mock test helps in a way that a candidate get prepared better for the upcoming exam.
- Revise sample papers and Previous year Exams. This will help you to gain an insight into the pattern.
- Read Question Twice in order to understand it correctly with no scope of mistake in interpretation of meaning.
Law/ Constitution/ General Knowledge
This subject is all about how well are you aware of the happenings around you, the country and the world. This is one topic which can give you a great score provided you are aware of the static knowledge. If you are good at memorizing, it becomes an additional bonus for you.
- Attempt topics related to the history and geography of UP. Don’t try to guess the answers as it will only lead you to negative marking.
- Try to attempt this section first as here you do not to calculate anything.
- Try to cover Law/ Constitutional GK questions quickly to utilize the leftover time to solve other difficult questions.
Mental Aptitude Test/Intelligence Test/Test of Reasoning
Questions based on Mental Aptitude & Reasoning Ability are fun to solve, provided you really know and understand the problem. Many questions are put forward to check the intellectual ability of the aspirant. These questions can however be tricky and confusing at times.
- Don’t waste more than 3-4 minutes on any particular question. Avoid getting confused by the language of the question. If you have any doubt, you can mark it and review it later on.
- Solve questions with precision as all options may have nearby values to confuse you.
- These questions are designed to check your presence of mind, so analyze and apply logic and go with your instinct.
To excel in UP Police SI Hindi Language, a candidate needs to have a clear understanding of the concepts and proper exam strategy.
To help you secure good marks, we have mentioned some important preparation tips for UP Police SI Hindi language below:
- Aspirants can refer to NCERT books for clarity on concepts. NCERT books have always been the best guide for beginners to clarify their concepts and basics.
- Rather than cramming facts, now the commission is focusing on application of knowledge, observation and utilization. The main viewpoint behind this step is that individuals who do not belong to this stream can also imply these basics.
- Time management should be the primary concern for the candidates. Hence, a candidate must solve various mock tests in a particular time frame to increase speed and accuracy.
Let us move to the Do’s and Don’ts of Attempt UP Police SI Examination 2017
Do’s of Attempt UP Police SI Examination
- Do a lot of practice.
- You are recommended to go through the previous year papers and sample papers as many questions are repeated over time.
- Reach the exam hall on time.
- Time management during the exam is essential.
- Solve the easiest part in the beginning in order to save time.
Don’ts of Attempt UP Police SI Examination
- Do not start preparing for a fresh or new topic during these last hours.
- Do not waste time in guessing questions. Each mark matters in UP SI exam 2017, Instead of wasting time in unfruitful guesses, one should try to mark the correct answers and avoid negative marking.
- Do not change your strategy at the last minute. If you’ve worked on your own strategy previously, do not stray away from it just for a few more marks.
- You need to focus on your strengths and manage to maximize your accuracy rather than attempts. Getting Correct Answers will definitely help in boosting your confidence.
- Do not get nervous if the difficulty level of exam is high. Remember, it will be challenging for all and the overall cutoff will vary accordingly.
Here we conclude our article on How to Attempt UP Police SI Exam 2016. Stay connected for more information regarding UP SI Recruitment 2016. To excel in State Examination, Download the Best Police Exam Preparation App for free.