How to Prepare for General Studies for UKPSC Exam 2016: UKPSC conducts the UKPSC Lower Subordinate Exam for recruiting candidates to work for the state of Uttarakhand. UKPSC has released the official notification for online application for the posts of Naib Tehsildar, Supply Inspector, Taxation Officer & Passengers Tax Officer.
There has been no official announcement regarding the date of the examination. But, you must start preparing for the UKPSC preliminary exam as soon as possible. In this article, we will be guiding you on how to prepare for General Studies Section for UKPSC Exam 2016.
General Studies Section in UKPSC Prelims 2016
- 1 General Studies Section in UKPSC Prelims 2016
- 2 How to Prepare for General Studies for UKPSC Exam 2016
- 3 Preparation Tips for General Studies Section in UKPSC Exam
The UKPSC Lower Subordinate Exam comprises of 3 stages i.e Preliminary Exam, Main Exam and Interview. Candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in all the 3 stages. The exam pattern for UKPSC prelims is mentioned below:
|Subject||Maximum Marks||No of Questions|
|General Studies & General Aptitude Test||150||150|
In General Studies section, there will be a total of 100 questions carrying one mark each. The question paper will have Objective MCQ based questions set in both English and Hindi languages. For a complete information on UKPSC lower subordinate exam pattern, follow the link.
Maximum number of questions are from general studies section. It carries 100 questions in total which belong to completely different subjects and thus needs a shift in the attention as well. This section acquires more importance as it can be attempted quickly and at the same time acts as a major score booster.
Thus, you need to prepare for each subject of the general studies section well. Head over to our section on how to prepare for general studies for useful tips and exam strategy.
How to Prepare for General Studies for UKPSC Exam 2016
General Studies is not something you can expect to master in a day. But from an exam point of view, if you spend time consistently, you can perform well. Not only does it carry the highest weightage of marks, but also proves to be a highly scoring subject.
In order to excel in this particular section, you need to be well aware of the current events of the country as well as of the state of Uttarakhand. You can not expect to score well by just mugging up the in-depth general knowledge books. Therefore, we have a few tips and study material for each topic that will help you prepare for general studies in a better way.
History of India and Independent India
From this particular topic, questions of general knowledge related to social, economic and political aspects will be present. Also, there will be questions on Indian National Movement and Development of Independent India.
- Read NCERT books of Classes 7th to 12th for getting all the concepts cleared.
- For more in-depth knowledge, read history from any General Studies Manuals, Journals or Magazines.
Geography of India and World
There will be questions of general knowledge relating to Physical, social and economic geography. It will also include questions on Indian Agriculture and Natural resources. There will be questions pertaining to demography and census of India.
- Read NCERT books of Classes 7th to 12th. Sole studying from NCERT will give you all the relevant information on geography of India and World.
- For latest demographics and census refer the current affairs yearbook.
Most important topics of this subject are- Political system and constitution of the country, Panchayati Raj, Social System, Elections, Political Parties.
- Read NCERT books of Classes 7th to 12th to cover the basics.
- Refer to NIOS study material which is available online.
Important Topics for Economy are as follows:
- GDP/GNP/NNP/ Inflation.
- Budget Process.
- RBI Policies.
- Agricultural Subsidies.
- Food Security.
- Social and Poverty Alleviation Programmes.
Read a lot from Economics NCERT books of classes 10th, 11th and 12th.
General Science and Computer
Questions will be on everyday general application and understanding of science. NCERT books of classes 6th to 10th is the best source of study material for this subject. Also, look through some of the chapters from NCERT 11th and 12th Class on Applications & Science.
Questions pertaining to characteristics, uses, and terminologies such as website, online, search engine, e-mail, video mail, chatting, video conferencing, hacking, cracking, virus and cyber-crime will be asked.
There will be questions related to the development of Mountains, rivers, climate, Flora and Fauna, Minerals transportation in the Geography of Uttarakhand. It will also have questions relating to important dynasties of U.K., Contribution of important dynasties in the History & Culture of Uttarakhand. You must study from reference books covering information on Uttarakhand General Studies properly.
Preparation Tips for General Studies Section in UKPSC Exam
While you prepare for general studies paper of UKPSC, here are a few important points to keep in mind:
- Study from various reference books and NCERT books for in-depth knowledge on different topics.
- Stay up to date with the latest events by reading newspaper daily.
- From analysis of previous years question paper, we can see that mostly questions are repeated as the same questions have been asked in different types. So in this case, solving previous years question paper would prove to be beneficial.
- Solve mock tests and question banks by setting a timer. This will help you in increasing your speed.
- Follow at least one site for Daily Updates on GK and Current affairs. Subscribe Now.
- Try to dedicate some time for revising what you’ve learned. It is most important tip anyone can give.
We hope these tips and exam strategy on how to prepare for general studies for UKPSC exam proves beneficial to you.