How to Prepare for UGC NET Sociology Subject 2017: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) announces holding of the National Eligibility Test (NET) for the post of Assistant Professor or junior Research Fellowship in Indian universities and colleges. CBSE is going to conduct NET exam on behalf of UGC in the month of November.
This article will help candidates to prepare for the upcoming UGC NET examination. The Subject code for UGC NET Sociology subject is 05. Let us now elaborate our topic- How to Prepare for UGC NET Sociology Subject.
UGC NET Sociology Subject Exam Pattern
UGC NET Exam pattern is definitely necessary to answer every candidate’s most common question i.e How to Prepare for UGC NET Sociology Subject. Let us go through the UGC NET Sociology Subject Exam Pattern of Paper I, Paper II and Paper III.
|Paper/ Session||Marks||Number of Question||Duration|
|I||100||60||1¼ Hours (09:30 A.M. to
|II||100||50||1¼ Hours (11:15 A.M. to
|III||150||75||2½ Hours (02:00 P.M. to
- Paper-1 will cover 60 questions of 100 marks.
- Paper-2 will cover 50 questions of 100 Marks.
- Paper-3 will cover 75 questions of 150 Marks.
All the three paper will held on a single day i.e on 5 November 2017. Paper I will be common for all candidates whereas Paper II and Paper III will cover questions on the concerned subject.
To read the whole syllabus and sample questions of Paper II and Paper III for UGC NET Sociology Subject, refer to the link- http://www.ugc.ac.in/net/syllabuspdf/05.pdf
UGC NET Sociology Important Topics
Given below is a list of some important selected topics for UGC NET Sociology subject which will help candidates in covering syllabus of Paper II and Paper III.
Important Topics for Sociology Paper II
- Social structure
- Social Group
- Social Institution and Socialisation
- Social stratification and Social Change
Recommended: UGC NET Paper II Sociology
Given below is a list of some important selected topics for UGC NET Sociology subject which will help candidates in covering syllabus Paper III.
Important Topics for Sociology Paper III
- Rural Sociology
- Industry and Society
- Sociology of development
- Population and Society
- Gender and society
Recommended: UGC NET Paper III Sociology
Let us now highlight some important reading material and topic source for UGC NET Sociology Paper II and Paper III.
Reading Material and Prepration Source
- Sociology- T.B. Bottomore
2. Sociology- Harry M. Johnson
3. Sociology: An introduction and analysis- Maclver and Page
4. Social anthropology- Madan and Majumdar
5. Social Thought- Abraham and Morgan
6. Dictionary of sociology- Dunean and Mitchel or Penguin
7. Sociology Dictionary- William P. Scott
8. Introductory sociology- T.B. Bottmore
9. Basic contribution of sociological and anthropological thinkers: dictionary of sociology, Social and cultural process- Maclver and Page and Madan & Majumdar
10. Deviance and central: Social stratification- Harlambos and T.B. Bottomore
11. Political institutions- Bottomore
12. Religious and social institutions- Madan & Majumdar Niel J. Smelser- Economy and
13. Abraham and Francis- Sociological theory
14. Sociology- Sachideva & Vidhya Bushan
15. Sociology Themes & Perspectives- Moralambose & R.M. Heald.
16. Social Anthropology- Madan & Majumdar
17. Political System- Smelser
18. Cultural Anthropology- Madan and Majumdar
19. Sociology- Horton and Hunt
20. Harlambus- Introduction to Sociology
21. Social Demography- Asha & Bandhi
Go through these books to enhance your problem solving skills and clear all doubts regarding How to Prepare for UGC NET Sociology Subject. Let us now move to the heart of this article i.e How to Prepare for UGC NET Sociology: Important Tips.
UGC NET Sociology Paper: Important Tips
It is time to list up some important tips for How to prepare UGC NET Sociology Section. These important tips will help aspirants in achieving the desired goal.
- Go through the Exam pattern thoroughly. Its important to answer all the questions in total that you can solve rather than answering more as the only first attempted questions will be evaluated regardless the correctness of the later ones.
- Follow a methodical pattern of studying for maximum benefits.
- Prepare a study schedule that includes as many varied topics as you can and prepare accordingly.
- Practice as many sample papers/previous year papers as you can to gain speed and accuracy.
- Analyse sample paper/previous paper soon after completing it to identify and improve your weak areas.
- Don’t get stuck on a single question. If you don’t know the answer for a particular question, go ahead and try to solve other questions.
Candidates are requested to follow these tips in UGC NET Sociology Subject preparation to strengthen their chance of getting shortlisted. Candidates are advised to follow these tips and prepare accordingly. Here we conclude our article on How to Prepare for UGC NET Sociology Subject.
Stay connected for more information regarding CBSE UGC NET 2017. To excel in Teaching Exams, download the Best Teaching Exam Preparation App for free.