How to Prepare for UGC NET Paper 1: The National Eligibility Test (NET) is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education(CBSE) on behalf of University Grants Commission (UGC) under the National Educational Testing Bureau. The national-level NET qualifies candidates for the role of Assistant Professor and for Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) in Indian Universities and Colleges. CBSE will soon release the official notification regarding the UGC NET exam for the post of Junior Research Fellow and Assistant Professor.
Many of the UGC NET Aspirants have started preparing for the same. In this article, we will give you some tips and tricks on how to prepare for UGC Net Paper 1. But first, let’s have a look at the exam pattern and syllabus for UGC NET Paper 1.
UGC NET PAPER 1 Exam Pattern
UGC NET Paper 1 will cover Teaching/ Research aptitude section. Paper I will test the Teaching/Research aptitude of the aspirant.
- UGC NET Paper 1 Examination will be consisting of 60 objective type multiple choice questions out of which 50 questions are to be attempted.
- Each question is worth 2 marks and the maximum marks for the exam is 100.
- Minimum qualifying marks in UGC NET 2017 paper 1 is 40/100 (40%) for General category.
- The Paper will be divided into 10 sections, with 5 questions based on each section.
In the event of the candidate attempted more than 50 questions, the first 50 questions attempted by the candidate would be evaluated.
UGC NET Paper 1 Syllabus
For every examination, Syllabus plays an important role in preparation. Before moving on to the “How to Prepare for UGC NET Paper 1: Tips and Tricks” section, let us first get familiar with the UGC NET Paper 1 Syllabus in detail:
- Teaching Aptitude: nature, objectives, characteristics and basic requirements; Learner’s characteristics; factors affecting teaching; Methods of teaching; Teaching aids; Evaluation systems
- Research Aptitude: Research meaning, characteristics and types; steps of research; methods of research; research ethics; paper, article, workshop, seminar, conference and symposium; thesis writing its characteristics and format
- Reading Comprehension
- Communication: nature, characteristics, types, barriers and effective classroom communication
- Reasoning (including mathematical): Number series, letter series, codes, relationships, classification
- Logical Reasoning: Understanding the structure of arguments; evaluating and distinguishing deductive and inductive reasoning; verbal analogies, word analogy, applied analogy; verbal classification; reasoning logical diagrams; analytical reasoning
- Data Interpretation: Sources, acquisition and interpretation of data; quantitative and qualitative data; graphical representation and mapping of data
- Information and Communication Technology: ICT meaning, advantages, disadvantages and uses; General abbreviations and terminology; Basics of internet and emailing
- People and Environment: People and environment interaction; sources of pollution; pollutants and their impact on human life, exploitation of natural and energy resources, natural hazards and mitigation
- Higher Education System: Governance, Polity and Administration; Structure of the institutions for higher learning and research in India; formal and distance education; professional/technical and general education; value education; governance, polity and administration; concept, institutions and their interactions.
Once you get acquainted with the exam pattern and syllabus, you get a fair idea about the topics you need to work on and how you need to start the preparation. So, let’s head to the core of this article i.e. how to prepare for UGC NET Paper 1 2017
How to Prepare for UGC NET PAPER 1: Tips & Tricks
Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) conducts the UGC National Eligibility Test (NET) twice a year. As UGC NET is a very important exam, candidates should be aware of the golden tips and tricks which will help them to prepare UGC NET Exam efficiently. .
Here we are providing some precious tips and tricks to be followed which will help aspirants to excel in UGC NET Paper 1 examination.
Here is the list of some golden tips to be remembered to boost up your performance in UGC NET Paper 1 examination:
- Understand the paper pattern thoroughly.
- It is important to answer 50 questions together rather than answering more as if a candidate answers more than 50 questions, only the first 50 will be evaluated.
- CBSE UGC NET Paper I is common for all students, so the competition will be high.
- Note down the syllabus of UGC NET Exam Paper 1.
- Make a rough plan to cover up all the chapters (All the chapters should be covered).
- Follow a methodical pattern of studying for maximum benefits.
- Prepare a study schedule including as many varied topics as you can and study accordingly.
- Study basic concepts in mass communication for the communication topic.
- Study each topic. Atleast 5 questions will definitely be asked from every topic.
- Its important to study Teaching and Research part in depth.
- Revise basic mathematics concepts from class 10th, focusing mainly on understanding sets/ patterns and improve approximation techniques.
- Data Interpretation is generally based on statistics and should be studied from class 10th to prepare well.
- Read news articles and try summarizing it in a few points to practice for reading comprehension.
- People and Environment section should be prepared from Class 10th books.
- Information and Communication Technology and Higher Education System should be given sufficient time as both topics are material-heavy.
- Prepare Information and Communication Technology and Higher Education System from books specified for UGC NET.
- Use flash cards and charts for studying Information and Communication Technology topic. Definitions, abbreviations and terminology are very important for Information and Communication Technology section.
- Study for Higher Education System Governance, Polity and Administration topic using flowcharts
- Attempt previous 10-15 years question paper completely. This will help you the most. It will help you identify flavour of the questions that were asked typically.
- Solve Mock test Papers for UGC NET. It is the most important thing to do for UGC NET Paper 1 exam preparation.
- Analysis the attempted sample/mock test soon after its completion to identify and improve your weak areas.
- Practice as much as you can. Practice will help you to attain a clear picture of the concepts involved.
- You must attempt all the questions as there is no negative marking system in CBSE UGC NET Exam paper I.
- Prepare notes and highlight important points and their sub-points, logics, formulae, short tricks and short description of topics.
- Don’t lose your confidence. Be confident that you can clear the Exams.
- Use Best Study material for UGC NET Paper 1 Exam.
- Do not overthink about things you might have to be leave out. Be confident with your goals that you set initially and just try to fulfil them.
So here we conclude our article on how to prepare for UGC NET Paper 1: Tips and Tricks. We hope this article helps in motivating you all into starting your UGC NET Paper 1 preparation earnestly for Upcoming UGC NET Recruitment Exam.
Note: The University Grants Commission will introduce some changes in Eligibility Criteria for the post of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) and Assistant Professor. Have a look:
Stay connected for more information regarding CBSE UGC NET 2017. To excel in Teaching Exams, download the Best Teaching Exam Preparation App for free.