How to Prepare for SSC Scientific Assistant English Language Section: Staff Selection Commission will conduct an open competitive examination for recruitment to the post of Scientific Assistant in India Meteorological Department, Group B Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial post, in the Level 6 of the Pay Matrix (Pay Band 2 (Rs.9300-34800) plus Grade Pay Rs.4200 in pre-revised scale) from 20.11.2017 to 27.11.2017 in computer based mode all over the country. The total number of posts to be filled under this vacancy are 1102.
All the candidates have started preparing for the exam. To help them, we are providing some crucial tips and tricks to be followed to prepare SSC Scientific Assistant English Language Section. But first, let us provide you a brief view of the exam pattern.
SSC Scientific Assistant Exam Pattern 2017
Below given is the detail of SSC Scientific Assistant Part 1 and Part 2.
|Paper||Subject||No. of Questions|
|Part- 1||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25|
|English language & Comprehension||25|
|Part- 2||Physics, Computer Science and Information Technology, Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering||100|
- The Exam will be Divided into 2 Parts.
- The Exam will be Computer based.
- The Exam will be of 200 Marks with 200 Questions.
- The Time Duration for the Examination will be 02 Hours (120 Minutes)
- The will be a Negative Marking of 0.25 Marks for each Wrong Answer
How to Prepare for SSC Scientific Assistant English Language Section
Most SSC candidates are able to secure good marks in this section but there is a significant number which find SSC Scientific Assistant English Language Section confusing. Here we are giving you some important topics out of these which will surely help you maximize your score:
- English grammar
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Reading Comprehension
- Correct and incorrect usages, etc.
SSC Scientific Assistant English Language: Tips & Tricks
It is necessary that you follow all these study tactics and tips in order to strengthen your overall prowess over English Language Section. Here we are providing some tips for preparing English for staff selection commission:
- First, you need to remember the Grammar Rules. However, you do not need to know all grammar rules, after solving previous year papers you can easily understand what kind of question SSC is framing.
- Give mock tests regularly: Mock test helps in a way that a candidate gets prepared better for the upcoming exam.
- You need to develop a habit to learn new words daily from the newspaper, news channels, books etc. It will help you to build up your own lexicon of essential words.
- Revise, Reflect and Learn from your mistakes. Revision will play an extremely vital role in improving your score in SSC Scientific Assistant English Language Section.
- It is very important to know your weak areas so that you can pay your special attention to them. Give more time to the study of the subject or topic that you are having difficulty with.
- Maintain a plan for each day to practice topics essential to SSC Scientific Assistant English Language Section and try to devote at least three hours for English exercise on daily basis.
- Try to maintain class notes by creating summary notes. Spot the key terms and concepts and make sure that you understand them.
- As you all know, Time Management is the important factor of every competitive examination. Therefore, you need to work on your speed. For solving questions at a faster pace, you have to test yourself on a daily basis by practice Mock Test and Assessments.
- Also, read each Question Twice in order to understand it correctly with no scope of mistake in interpretation of meaning.
To excel in SSC Examination Download the Best SSC Exam Preparation App for free.