How to Prepare for SSC Stenographer Reasoning/ General Intelligence 2017: The official notification for the recruitment of Stenographers of Grade C and Grade D category in different states and union territories allowed aspirants to fill the application form. Every year, lakhs of applicants appear for SSC Steno Exam. This year, SSC will conduct the online Stenographer Exam from on 4th September to 7th September 2017.
SSC Stenographer English Section Preparation Tips:
Candidates under SSC Stenographer 2017 Recruitment will be selected on the basis of their performance in the Computer Based Test (CBT) and Skill Test. This is a golden chance for the aspirants who are looking for a government job. Meanwhile, let us help candidates to overcome written exam difficulties in preparing for SSC Stenographer Reasoning section.
SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern 2017
- 1 SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern 2017
- 2 How to Prepare for SSC Stenographer Reasoning/ General Intelligence 2017
- 2.1 1. Create a Priority List
- 2.2 2. Initially, Concentrate on Concepts
- 2.3 3. Quantitative Topics in Reasoning and General Intelligence
- 2.4 4. Enhance your Vocabulary
- 2.5 5. Special Attention towards Coding-Decoding Questions
- 2.6 6. Previous Years Questions Papers
- 2.7 7. Analyse your Performance Regularly
- 2.8 Share this:
The details of the computer-based test are mentioned below
Computer Based Test
|Name of Paper||No. of Question||Marks|
|Part I:General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50|
|Part II: General Awareness||50||50|
|Part III: English Language and Comprehension||100||100|
- The question paper will be of Objective Multiple Choice types. Questions will be set in Hindi and English except for Part-III.
- The time duration for general candidates will be 2 hrs. and 2 hrs. 40 mins for visually handicapped candidates
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
- Candidates who obtain the qualifying marks in the CBT as may be prescribed by the Commission will only be called for the Skill Test
How to Prepare for SSC Stenographer Reasoning/ General Intelligence 2017
According to the previous year analysis, The Reasoning section was easy and one of the scoring section of the paper. Most of the Questions were on Analogy, Odd one Out, Series, Visual Reasoning & Mixed Questions.
The Reasoning Section can be distinctly divided into 2 parts.
- Usual Reasoning
- Visual /Non-Verbal Reasoning
Questions based on usual reasoning are highest, followed by Visual/ Non-Verbal Reasoning.
The topics under this category are as follows:
- Series (Numeric and Alphabetic)
- Alphabet & Dictionary
- Coding Decoding
- Classification/Odd Pair.
Visual/ Non-Verbal Reasoning:
The topics under this category are as under:
- Rule Detection
- Figure Formation
- Completion of Pattern
- Paper Folding
- Mirror Image
- Figure Matrix
These key points will help you achieve a better score in SSC Stenographer Reasoning section Paper I examination.
1. Create a Priority List
You need a list. As we have provided both previous years and this year’s data on the number of questions and types of questions asked in Reasoning Section, you can make a list of the crucial topics and start solving questions based on those.
2. Initially, Concentrate on Concepts
Yes, speed plays an extremely important role in SSC Stenographer Examination. But what if you are new to the concept altogether? You need to understand the basics first. Speed and Accuracy get built over time and you need to practice a lot first.
3. Quantitative Topics in Reasoning and General Intelligence
There are a few topics, like Alphabet, Dictionary, Coding & Decoding, Analogy, Classification/Odd Pair, Rule Detection and Series which employ concepts of Quantitative Aptitude. These questions are highly competitive and require a good amount of practice to solve. Hence, you need to allot a little extra time to these questions.
4. Enhance your Vocabulary
Questions based on Reasoning and General Intelligence are known to be quite manipulative and confusing in terms of language. To understand the questions better, you need to work on building your vocabulary too.
5. Special Attention towards Coding-Decoding Questions
Yes, you need to work extra for Coding-Decoding Questions. The number of questions from this topic just keeps on climbing every year and you can easily crack these questions, provided you have practiced them enough.
6. Previous Years Questions Papers
This pointer goes without saying. You cannot secure a good score in this years’ SSC Stenographer Examination if you are not familiar with the level of questions asked in last year’s exam. Hence, try solving those questions first and then go for mock tests and practice papers for SSC Stenographer 2017.
7. Analyse your Performance Regularly
All your efforts, preparation and study tips will amount to nothing if you haven’t revised them regularly. Analysing and Examining your performance helps you know which areas you need to work upon.
Hence, make sure you mark your level of preparation in a performance sheet and understand how much effort you need to put in further.
This is our study plan on How to Prepare for SSC Stenographer Reasoning. Stay connected for more information regarding SSC Exam Recruitment 2017. To excel in SSC Stenographer Examination, Download the Best SSC Exam Preparation App for free.