SSC JHT 2016: The Staff Selection Commission has published an official notification informing interested candidates regarding an All India Open Competitive Examination for the recruitment to the posts of Junior Hindi Translators, Junior Translators, Senior Hindi Translators and Hindi Pradhyapak. The Notification F.No.3/7/2015-P&P-II has clearly specified SSC JHT Eligibility Criteria, Selection Process, Exam Pattern, Pay Scale and How to Apply for SSC Junior Hindi Translator Post. Read this article carefully and understand all you need to know about SSC JHT Recruitment 2016.
Note: The Day of Examination set for SSC Junior Hindi Translator Written Examination is June 19, 2016.
The online registration and application process for SSC JHT 2016 has been initiated from 2 April 2016.
SSC JHT 2016: Recruitment of Junior Hindi Translator, Senior Hindi Translator and Hindi Pradhyapak
- 1 SSC JHT 2016: Recruitment of Junior Hindi Translator, Senior Hindi Translator and Hindi Pradhyapak
- 2 SSC JHT 2016: Pay Scale of Various Posts
- 3 SSC JHT 2016: Eligibility Criteria for JHT, SHT and Hindi Pradhyapak
- 4 SSC JHT 2016 Selection Process
- 5 SSC JHT 2016: How to Apply
|Online Registration Begins||April 2, 2016|
|Last Date for Registration Part I||April 28, 2016 by 5:00 P.M.|
|Last Date for Registration Part II||April 30, 2016 by 5:00 P.M.|
|SSC JHT Exam Date||June 19, 2016|
There are a number of departments under the government and ministries which actively require hindi translators. There are 7 posts in total under SSC JHT Recruitment 2016. The pay scale and work profile varies according to the post you are interested in.
SSC JHT 2016: Pay Scale of Various Posts
After cracking SSC JHT Recruitment Examination, you have the opportunity of working with government institutes like CSOLS, AFHQ, Railway Board, CHTI etc.
Depending on your educational qualification, post preference and performance in written exam, you will be considered for the post.
The Pay Band has been set for Rs. 9,300/- to 34,800/- and the Grade Pay is as follows.
|Code||Name of the Post||Grade Pay (in Rs.)|
|A||Junior Translator in Central Secretariat Official Language Service (CSOLS)||4200/-|
|B||Junior Translator in M/o Railways (Railway Board)||4200/-|
|C||Junior Translator in Armed Forces Headquarters (AFHQ)||4200/-|
|D||Junior Translator / Junior Hindi Translator in subordinate offices who have adopted Model RRs of DoP&T for JT/JHT||4600/-|
|E||Senior Hindi Translator in various Central Government Ministries/ Departments / Offices||4600/-|
|F||Junior Translator / Junior Hindi Translator in subordinate offices who have not yet adopted Model RRs of DoP&T for JT/JHT||4200/-|
|G||Hindi Pradhyapak in Central Hindi Training Institute (CHTI)||4800/-|
Hence, let us discuss in detail about SSC JHT Eligibility Criteria, Selection Process and Application Procedure.
SSC JHT 2016: Eligibility Criteria for JHT, SHT and Hindi Pradhyapak
The eligibility criteria for SSC JHT 2016 Examination has been clearly specified in the Exam Notification published by Staff Selection Commission recently. Each SSC aspirant must go through all the important details regarding SSC Junior Hindi Translator before applying online.
Age Limit: According to the dictates of SSC JHT Eligibility Criteria 2016, the age limit has been set not more than 30 years as on 1 January 2016.
The relaxation in the upper age limit has been applied according to government norms. They are as follows
- SC/ ST: 5 Years
- OBC: 3 Years
- PH: 10 Years
- PH + OBC: 13 Years
- PH + SC/ST: 15 Years
- J&K Domicile: 5 Years
- Ex-Servicemen: Actual period of service rendered in defence services + 3 Years
- Widows, Divorced Women Judicially Separated: 9 Years
All SSC Aspirants must fall in the proper age limit. Failure to do so will result in cancellation of SSC JHT Application Form.
Minimum Educational Qualification: The post of Junior Hindi Translators, Junior Translators, Senior Hindi Translators and Hindi Pradhyapak do not have same criteria when it comes to educational qualification.
- For SSC JHT Code A,B,C,D, the candidate must possess a Masters Degree from a recognized University in Hindi with English subject or as the medium of examination at the degree level & recognized Diploma or Certificate course in translation from Hindi to English & vice versa.
- For SSC JHT Code E, the candidate must possess a Masters Degree from a recognized University in Hindi with English subject or as the medium of examination at the degree level & recognized Diploma or Certificate course in translation from Hindi to English & vice versa with relevant professional experience in the same line of work.
- For SSC JHT Code F, the candidate must possess a Master’s degree from a recognized University in Hindi/ English with English/ Hindi.
- For SSC JHT Code F, the candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Hindi with English as one of the subject at Degree level from a recognized institute.
If you are eligible for SSC JHT 2016, move towards the next section and understand how to get recruited.
SSC JHT 2016 Selection Process
As a Hindi Translator, your major task would be to document, translate, convert or declassify documents. Hence, the recruitment process of SSC JHT will be primarily based on your proficiency in the language.
The Recruitment Procedure for SSC JHT a Written Examination followed by Document Verification of the shortlisted candidates. There is no interview. Although, there will be an objective and subjective test in the written examination.
SSC JHT Exam Pattern of Written Examination
As said earlier, there will be 2 papers. The first one will be objective MCQ based with 100 questions each on General English and General Hindi. Each Question will carry 1 mark and the total marks of Paper 1 will 200.
A negative marking of 0.25 will be there for wrong selection and the total time for objective paper will be 2 hours.
|Paper 1 (Objective Type – General Hindi and General English)||200||2 Hours|
|Paper 2 (Conventional Type – Essay & Translation)||200||2 Hours|
The second paper will be conventional type, which is subjective. There will translation and essay based problems and the total marks will be 200. You need to solve this paper in 2 hours. This brings the final maximum marks of SSC JHT Examination to 400 marks and the total time is 4 hours.
Now, the interested candidates can move to the next section and apply for SSC JHT Examination. Follow the application procedure carefully while you submit your application online. Offline applications are also accepted.
SSC JHT 2016: How to Apply
For SSC Junior Hindi Translator Post, the registration fee has been set for Rs. 100/- for General and OBC candidates. No fee for all Women Candidates/ SC / ST/ PH & Ex-Servicemen candidates eligible for reservation as per Govt. orders. Follow these steps carefully to submit SSC JHT Application Form.
- Before applying, the candidates must have a valid e-mail as well as scanned copies of photograph and signature ready to go.
- Begin by Logging on the Official Website ssconline.nic.in
- Click on “Register” & start filling Part 1 of the Registration Form.
- In SSC JHT Part I Registration, the candidates have to fill basic information carefully.
- After filling the Part-I, make sure to revisit all the entries before you click on “I agree” button. No Correction/ Modification will be allowed.
- A Registration Number will be generated. Note down the Registration Number or take out the print out of the page.
- In Part II registration candidates have to enter the payment details, upload the photograph & scanned signature.
- Those who are exempted from payment of fee can skip that entering those fields.
- Fill all the details carefully & Click on Submit.
- Now take printout of online application for future use.
This is all for SSC Junior Hindi Translator Application Process.
For better response, post your queries on OnlineTyari Community.