How to Prepare for SSC JE General Awareness Section: Staff Selection Commission will conduct its online examination for the recruitment of Junior Engineers in various government organisations. SSC will be conducting Junior Engineer recruitment examination in the month of December.
The Recruitment Examination for SSC JE 2016 will be an All India Open Competitive Examination for hiring candidates to the post of Junior Engineer in the field of Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Quantity Surveying and Contract etc. Many of the candidates have started preparing for SSC JE Exam. Let us help them further in preparing SSC JE General Awareness Section for the upcoming examination.
SSC Junior Engineer Exam Pattern
- 1 SSC Junior Engineer Exam Pattern
- 2 SSC JE General Awareness Section: Important Topics
- 3 SSC JE General Awareness: Tips to remember
Before shifting to SSC JE General Awareness preparation process, let us go through SSC Junior Engineer Examination pattern for Paper I and Paper II. SSC JE Paper I will be conducted online whereas Paper II will be conducted in offline mode.
SSC JE Exam Pattern for Paper I
The Paper I of SSC JE 2016 consists of objective type questions carrying a total of 200 marks. The mode of examination will be online i.e a computer based test. The total duration of the paper will be 2 hours.
|Name of the Section||Marks|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||50|
|Part –A General Engineering (Civil & Structural) Or
Part-B General Engineering (Electrical) Or
Part-C General Engineering (Mechanical)
Recommended: SSC JE Mechanical Mock Test
Only those candidates who are able to qualify Paper I will be eligible to appear for Paper II.
SSC JE Exam Pattern for Paper II
The Paper II of SSC JE 2016 consists of conventional type questions carrying a total of 300 marks. The candidates will have to choose subjects/sections as per their area of interest in this paper.
- There will be three subjects- Civil & Structural or Electrical or Mechanical Engineering in Paper-II of SSC JE exam. The candidates will have to appear for only one.
- The total duration for Paper II will be 2 hours.
- Candidates are allowed to bring their own Slide–Rule, Calculator, Logarithm Tables and Steam Table for Paper-II.
Recommended: SSC JE Electrical 2016 Mock Test
We hope the above mentioned information helps you gain useful insight into the SSC JE Exam Pattern. Now let’s shift our focus to the SSC JE General Awareness preparation section.
SSC JE General Awareness Section: Important Topics
For SSC Junior Engineer Examination, the General Awareness Section plays a very important role, mostly due to the fact that it is very scoring. For a well prepared SSC candidate, it will take less than 2 seconds to answer the questions in written examination.
But, the General Awareness Section which comes in SSC JE is very different from those asked in Banking and Insurance Examination. In prominent Banking and Insurance Exams, General Awareness Section are more focused on Current Affairs whereas, in the case of SSC JE, more questions will be based on Static General Knowledge.
In SSC JE 2016, there will be 50 questions of 1 mark each and various topics can be from the following:
- Indian History
- Indian Polity
- Indian Economy
- Science (Physics, Chemistry and Biology)
There are almost 5-6 questions from each topic mentioned above except the miscellaneous section. General Science is expected to have 10-15 questions, with Biology being central.
SSC JE General Awareness: History
Understanding History Topics is very important for any examination, SSC JE or not, as it is the backbone of every subject.
It is very rare that questions from World History have been asked, so there is no need to waste time on World History. Instead, concentrate on Indian History only.
SSC JE General Awareness: Geography
There are two parts of Geography from where the questions are asked, these are – Indian Geography and Physical Geography. For covering basics, NCERT Books of Class XI and XII will be sufficient.
If you wish to cover more ground, we suggest you attempt a few mock tests and question banks to know the type of questions asked in SSC JE General Awareness Paper 1 Exams.
SSC JE General Awareness: Polity
Again, Read NCERT Books of Class VIII to X for Polity, as it will cover most of the topics asked under the banner of Polity.
SSC JE General Awareness: Economy
The economy also contains 2 parts – Indian Economy and Economics. Indian Economy is the study of Indian Economics system and Economics Further comprises of two topics which include: Macroeconomics and Microeconomics. There is a few ambiguous topic which one should only prepare from trusted sources.
SSC JE General Awareness: Miscellaneous
The Miscellaneous Section may contain various topics like Current affairs, Computer Knowledge, Technology, Books and Authors, Sports, Persons and Places in News, Abbreviations, etc.
Only a limited set of questions are asked on Current Affairs. So, try not to dedicate a major portion of your time for it. Are you able to make out how to prepare for General Awareness for SSC JE 2016? If Yes, proceed to the final section of this article.
SSC JE General Awareness: Tips to remember
While you prepare for the upcoming SSC JE General Awareness Section, here are a few important points to keep in mind.
- Read at least one newspaper daily, as it will help in both GK and English Sectional Preparation.
- Solve the Previous Year’s Question Paper of SSC JE as it helps one to know the type of questions asked and the difficulty level.
- Follow at least one site for Daily Updates on GK and Current affairs. Subscribe Now.
- Unlike UPSC Civil Services Exam, the questions asked in SSC JE are a bit easy and direct. So, even with a rudimentary understanding of the basics, you can score good marks.
- From the analysis of previous years question paper, it has been observed that mostly questions are repeated as the same questions have been asked in different types. So in this case also solving previous years question paper would prove to be beneficial.
- Try to dedicate some time for revising what you’ve learnt. It is most important tip anyone can give.
We hope you are able to inculcate this exam preparation study on SSC JE General Awareness section for SSC JE 2016. We will be adding more study plans in the days to come.
Stay connected for more information regarding SSC Exam Recruitment 2016. To excel in SSC JE Examination, download the Best SSC JE Exam Preparation App for free.