How to Attempt SSC JE Examination: The Staff Selection Commission will conduct it’s online examination for the recruitment of Junior Engineers in various government organisations. SSC will be conducting SSC Junior Engineer Examination from March 1 to March 4, 2017.
Over here, we are providing some Do’s & Don’ts on How to Attempt SSC JE Exam 2017. Maximise your skills by going through these highlighted pointers for the upcoming examination. But, let us give you a brief view of the exam pattern.
SSC JE Exam Pattern 2017
The SSC JE Exam Pattern comprises a written examination containing two papers i.e. Paper I and Paper II. Candidates appearing for Paper-I will have to appear for Computer Based Test (CBT).
For the sake of performing better in SSC JE, have a look at our Recommended mock tests for SSC JE Preparation: Click Here for SSC JE Best Books.
However, the Paper-II will be conducted in Pen and Paper mode (Written Examination). SSC has discontinued the process of Interview from SSC JE Exam Pattern 2017.
SSC JE Exam Pattern for Paper I
The Paper I of SSC JE 2016 consists of objective type questions carrying a total of 200 marks. The mode of examination will be computer based test. The total time duration of the paper is 2 hours.
|Name of the Section||Marks|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||50|
|Part –A General Engineering (Civil & Structural) Or
Part-B General Engineering (Electrical) Or
Part-C General Engineering (Mechanical)
There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I. In General Engineering, candidates can choose any one of the options of Civil/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering. Only those candidates who are able to qualify Paper I will be eligible to appear for Paper II.
Let us now move to the core of this article i.e How to Attempt SSC JE Exam.
How to Attempt SSC JE Exam 2017: Do’s & Don’ts
To ensure better chances of cracking SSC JE, we are here providing some Do’s & Don’ts for the upcoming examination on how to attempt SSC JE.
Do’s for SSC JE Exam 2017
- Carry your Photo ID Proof in original along with its photocopy on your exam date.
- Candidates are recommended to take a glance at all the questions once before they start the exam.
- Try to attempt easy questions first and leave the difficult or time taking ones to save your precious time. Candidates have to meet the minimum overall cut off requirements to be eligible for the next round, so we advice you to attempt easy questions first to score high.
- Try to solve grouped questions which come with 4-5 sub-questions as students can score 4-5 marks in one go.
- You need to focus on your strengths and manage to maximize your accuracy rather than attempts. Getting Correct Answers will help in elevating your marks as well as confidence.
Don’ts for SSC JE Exam 2017
- Candidates must make sure that they are aware of the computer system as the exam is conducted online.
- Don’t waste your time on difficult or time taking questions as one can score high by solving easy questions.
- The candidates must not bring any electronic devices to the examination hall.
- Allocate time properly for each question. Do not give a question more time than it deserves.
- Do not panic if the level of examination is high.
Here we conclude our article on How to Attempt SSC JE Examination. We hope that above points will help you attempt the upcoming examination.