SSC CPO Previous Year Exam Analysis, Section-Wise Difficulty Level: Staff Selection Commission conducted the Recruitment Examination for SI/ ASI in the month of March 2016. A large number of aspirants applied and appeared for the examination which was held at various examination centres in two slots. This article will primarily focus on SSC CPO Previous Year Exam Analysis, with detailed section-wise review of the paper.
If you are preparing for the upcoming SSC CPO Examination, we recommend you to go through the entire paper review thoroughly.
SSC CPO Exam Pattern
- 1 SSC CPO Exam Pattern
- 2 Section-Wise SSC CPO Previous Year Exam Analysis
Candidates appearing for Paper-I will have to appear for Computer Based Test (CBT).
SSC CPO Exam Pattern for Paper I
The Paper I of SSC CPO 2017 consists of objective type questions carrying a total of 200 marks.
|Name of the Section||Number of Questions||Marks|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50|
|General Knowledge & General Awareness||50||50|
The mode of examination will be computer based test. The total time duration of the paper is 2 hours. There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I.
Section-Wise SSC CPO Previous Year Exam Analysis
As explained above, there were 4 sections in SSC CPO Examination. The overall difficulty level was Moderate, with the majority of questions being a bit of a task to solve. But, there were a few easy ones too. Let us elaborate further by analysing each section of SSC CPO 2016.
SSC CPO Tier 1 Exam Analysis: General Intelligence & Reasoning
The reasoning section was Easy. Maximum questions were asked from the following sections.
- Blood Relation
- Non Verbal Reasoning
Keeping in mind the previous year exam analysis, Here are a few tips which will help you prepare for Reasoning Ability for the upcoming SSC CPO 2017 Exam.
- Do not waste time on a single question.
- Note down the data and make separate diagrams for seating arrangement topic.
- Attempt easier questions first, try to start with your favourite topic.
- Apply blood relation question on your family structure. This will make things clear to you.
- A single Question that seems to be unsolvable within 1 min is of no use. Do not stick to a particular question. Do not try a question more than two times. It will definitely kill your time and will lower down your confidence.
- Do not get nervous if the level of exam is high. Overall cut off will be published in accordance with the level of the exam.
SSC CPO Tier 1 Exam Analysis: Quantitative Aptitude
The Quantitative Aptitude section was Easy to Moderate. Questions were asked mostly from the following topics:
- Data Interpretation
- Arithmetic Ability
- Time and Work
- Ratio and Proportion
- Simple Interest
Keeping in mind the previous year exam analysis, Here are a few tips which will help you to prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the upcoming SSC CPO 2017 Exam
- Memorize all the tables, square, cubes and square roots efficiently. This will help save time during the examination.
- It’s important to be aware of all the basic theories and formulas from all the chapters. So, build your basics with the help from reference books and related study material.
- Always condense your study notes by creating summary notes. Highlight the key terms and concepts and make sure that you understand them. Summary notes are a great way to aid powerful revisions.
- Planning ahead for syllabus completion is a good strategy for the exam. Make a proper study plan for the topics of higher significance and prepare accordingly.
- Remembering short tricks for solving the Quantitative Aptitude section can be very useful. Familiarize yourself with these tricks and make separate notes for them.
- Practice with previous years’ question papers and mock tests. Closely analyse previous years papers. This will help you in maintaining a constant speed which is to be followed in the examination hall as well.
SSC CPO Tier 1 Exam Analysis: English Language
The level of difficulty of this section ranged from Easy to Moderate.Questions were asked mostly from the following topics:
- Reading Comprehension
- Error Detection
- Cloze Test
- Sentence Rearrangement
- Idioms and Phrases
Keeping in mind the previous year exam analysis, Here are a few tips which will help you prepare for English Language Section ofSSC CPO 2017 Exam.
- Read Newspaper Daily. This is the best habit you can inculcate in your daily study routine, which will help in your preparation for various competitive exams.
- Dedicate time to each topic one by one and keep switching topics as well so that you don’t get bored with one subject.
- Use 1 hour daily for mugging up Antonyms, Synonyms, One Word Substitution, Analogy etc.
- Read Grammar Basics. This will help you in overcoming silly mistakes and will be beneficial in the long run.
SSC CPO Exam Analysis: General Knowledge & General Awareness
General Awareness was yet again of Moderate to tough Difficulty Level. Special focus was given to static portion but some National current affairs were also there in the paper. Questions asked are as follows:
- General Science
- Static GK
- Current Affairs
Keeping in mind the previous year exam analysis, Here are a few important points to keep in mind.
- Read at least one newspaper daily, as it will help in both GK and English Sectional Preparation.
- Solve the Previous Year’s Question Paper of SSC CPO as it helps one to know the type of questions asked and the difficulty level.
- Follow at least one site for Daily Updates on GK and Current affairs.
Stay connected for more information regarding SSC CPO Recruitment 2017.