SSC CHSL LDC Job Profile, Salary, Career Prospects: The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) (10+2) recruitment exam every year. The SSC CHSL 2017 Tier I Examination will be conducted in the month of March. The last date to apply online and payment of fees both through online and offline mode is December 18, 2017. This year, there are around 3259 vacancies for the post of LDC, DEO, Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant.
In order to keep you motivated, we have come up with this article focusing on SSC CHSL LDC Job Profile, Roles and Responsibilities, Salary, Career Prospects, Growth, and Opportunities.
SSC CHSL LDC Job Profile
If a candidate is aiming to become Lower Division Clerk, he/ she should know each and everything related to the post. This year, there are around 3259 vacancies for the post of LDC, DEO, Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant and Court Clerks. Talking about SSC CHSL LDC job profile, there are 898 vacancies for the year 2017.
Over here, we will elaborate all the important pointers regarding the SSC CHSL LDC job profile, salary, and further career prospects.
SSC CHSL LDC Job Profile: How to Get Recruited
To get shortlisted for SSC CHSL LDC Job Profile, one has to clear various phases of examination conducted by Staff Selection Commission. SSC CHSL Selection Procedure consists of a 3 tier process i.e. Tier I, Tier II and Tier III.
- SSC CHSL Tier-I Examination will consist of Objective Type- Multiple choice questions only.
- Those who will meet the minimum cut off requirement set by Staff Selection Commission will be called for round 2 i.e Tier II (Descriptive Paper).
- Only those SSC candidates who secure minimum qualifying marks in Tier I and Tier II will be called for Skill/ Typing Test. Tier-III of the SSC CHSL Examination 2017 will be a Skill/ Typing Test which would be of a qualifying nature.
SSC CHSL LDC Job Profile: Roles & Responsibilities
Let us look at the roles and responsibility of SSC CHSL LDC Job profile. The workload and pressure of SSC CHSL LDC Job will not be high.
- SSC CHSL LDC is an entry-level post. SSC CHSL LDC is expected to take care of basic and daily office work so as to maintain the flow of work in the office.
- SSC CHSL LDC is hired to maintain data, office files, documents etc. with the highest efficiency.
- LDC’s are supposed to get important files and documents for their seniors and get all the documents back to the senior on time.
- SSC CHSL LDC has to make salary slips of the staff and seniors working in various departments.
- The work of LDC is to fetch data from the library of information and serve them to the officer on time.
SSC CHSL LDC Job Profile: Salary
The basic pay scale for SSC CHSL LDC lies in the range Rs. 5,200 – Rs. 20,200 along with the initial grade pay of Rs. 1,900. The salary for this post in a metro city will be around Rs 18,000- 20,000 in-hand depending upon various factors.
Now, let us move to a very crucial section of SSC CHSL LDC job profile that will help you outline its career prospects.
SSC CHSL LDC Career Prospects
SSC CHSL LDC Job profile is the starting level clerical position in Central Government Ministries and Departments. The next level of positions available during the career are:
- Assistant/ Upper Divisional Clerk
- Division Clerk
- Section Officer
The promotions chances for SSC CHSL LDC job profile depends upon various factors like departmental promotions, experience, category etc.
We hope that this article gives you adequate information and aids in guiding you through the basic features of SSC CHSL LDC Job Profile. Stay connected for more information regarding SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL). To excel in SSC CHSL Examination, download the Best SSC CHSL Exam Preparation App for free.