SSC CGL Sub Inspector CBI Job Profile: The Staff Selection Commission announced over 32 Group A, B, C, and D Category Posts with multiple job vacancies for SSC CGL 2017. In this article, we will be talking about Sub Inspector CBI Job Profile, Recruitment Exam, Salary and Career Path. Here, CBI stands for Central Bureau of Investigation.
A number of candidates must have multiple doubts and queries regarding the key responsibilities of a Sub Inspector CBI. Do you have any of the following doubts?
What are the necessary Education Qualifications required for applying for the post of Sub Inspector CBI?
- 0.1 What are the necessary Education Qualifications required for applying for the post of Sub Inspector CBI?
- 0.2 How to get recruited for the post of Sub Inspector CBI?
- 0.3 What is the Job Description of a Sub Inspector CBI?
- 0.4 What is the Salary of a Sub Inspector CBI?
- 0.5 What is the career path of a Sub Inspector CBI?
- 1 Sub Inspector CBI Job Profile
- 2 SSC CGL Sub Inspector CBI Recruitment Procedure
- 3 Sub Inspector CBI Salary, Pay Scale and Allowances
- 4 Sub Inspector CBI Work Environment
- 5 Sub Inspector CBI Career Path and Opportunities
How to get recruited for the post of Sub Inspector CBI?
What is the Job Description of a Sub Inspector CBI?
What is the Salary of a Sub Inspector CBI?
What is the career path of a Sub Inspector CBI?
If yes, let us go step by step and understand what a Sub Inspector actually do.
Sub Inspector CBI Job Profile
Before starting any work, you would undergo an extensive training of around a year. You would get the best possible training in the crime investigating methods along with knowledge of some other related things and physical training. Training would take place at CBI Academy and some part of it also includes training at state police stations and CBI branches. Training durations at various places are as below.
- Institutional Training with CBI Academy (phase 1) – 7 Months
- Attachment with Local Police – 9 Weeks
- Attachment with CBI Branch – 9 Weeks
- Institutional Training with CBI Academy (phase 2) – 10 Weeks
- The total training period of Sub Inspector in CBI is of around 1 year and 7 weeks.
The post of a Sub-Inspector in CBI is considered as an executive-level post. The job profile is considered quite similar to that of an examiner or preventive officer. Hence, your responsibilities will be set depending upon the posting you get.
- If you are posted in office, you have to handle a lot of paperwork related to various cases, active or pending.
- If you are posted in the field, you will be working with CBI task force on various cases.
The field job holds the main essence of the job description of Sub-Inspector CBI. But, the final decision regarding your posting is made by your superiors.
Now, let us discuss the recruitment procedure of a Central Excise Inspector through SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination 2017.
SSC CGL Sub Inspector CBI Recruitment Procedure
You need to have a complete graduation degree from a recognized college or university if you wish to apply for the post of Sub Inspector in CBI. The recruitment procedure for the post of Sub-Inspector in Central Bureau of Investigation involves SSC CGL Tier 1 and Tier 2 Examination, followed by document verification of the shortlisted candidates.
SSC CGL Tier 1: The SSC CGL Prelims will be an objective paper of 200 marks with 4 equal sections, which are, Reasoning, General Awareness, Numerical Aptitude and English Comprehension. You need to qualify in this exam in order to move to the next level.
SSC CGL Tier 2: Competition will get intense at this level. You will attempt 2 Papers and they will be based on Arithmetical Ability and English Language.
A cumulative score achieved in Tier I and Tier II SSC CGL Exams will be considered while creating the merit list. The candidates will be considered for the post of Sub-Inspector CBI after document verification.
We hope candidates are now well aware of the recruitment procedure. Let us revert our attention towards the career of a Sub Inspector in CBI.
Sub Inspector CBI Salary, Pay Scale and Allowances
The salary breakdown of a Sub-Inspector in CBI is as follows.
- Pay Scale: Rs. 9,300 – 34,800/-
- Grade Pay: Rs. 4,600/-
- Initial Pay: Rs. 9,300/-
- Total Pay: Rs. 13,900/-
Apart from the regular fixed pay, a Sub-Inspector also enjoys a bunch of perks, benefits, and allowances.
- DA on Total Pay above (around 107%)
- Transport Allowance (TA)
- House Rent Allowance (if not provided with quarters)
According to current pay scales, you would get a salary of around 45,000/- per month initially.
Sub Inspector CBI Work Environment
Again, your work environment will completely depend according to your posting. Firstly, as a CBI Sub-Inspector, your posting will be done on a PAN India Basis. Secondly, let us consider both scenarios.
- If you are posted at a desk job, you will be mostly handling paperwork, which is clerical and administrative. You can clock in your regular hours and go home on time.
- While working in the field, your job can be hectic. There are multiple work assignments where you are needed and you have to be on guard at all times.
Hence, your chances of having a good work life balance are rear in the case of Sub-Inspector working for CBI.
Sub Inspector CBI Career Path and Opportunities
A career with the Central Bureau of Investigation is both exciting and challenging. After you join CBI as a Sub-Inspector, it will take your anywhere between 5 to 6 years to be promoted to the level of an Inspector. As an Inspector, you will possess more decision making powers. The second promotion will take atleast a decade a service from your end, and will be that of a Deputy Superintendent. The following career trend can be your career graph in CBI.
- Deputy Superintendent
- Additional Superintendent
- Senior Superintendent
The promotion to the level of DIG will depend on age, experience, and performance.
Let us know what more information you want in the comments section below. To excel in SSC CGL Examination, download the Best SSC CGL Exam Preparation App for free.