SSC CGL Statistical Investigator Job Profile: The Staff Selection Commission announced over 30 Group B and C Category Posts with multiple job vacancies for SSC CGL 2016. We hope SSC aspirants have submitted their application online. While filling post preferences, there are a number of job profiles you wish to know about. In this article, we will be talking about Statistical Investigator Job Profile, Recruitment Exam, Salary and Career Path. The post of Statistical Investigator is regarded as one of the popular ones in SSC CGL.
A number of candidates must have multiple doubts and queries regarding the key responsibilities of a Statistical Investigator. Do you have any of the following doubts.
What are the necessary Education Qualifications required for applying for the post of Statistical Investigator
- 0.1 What are the necessary Education Qualifications required for applying for the post of Statistical Investigator
- 0.2 How to get recruited for the post of Statistical Investigator?
- 0.3 What is the Job Description of a Statistical Investigator?
- 0.4 What is the Salary of a Statistical Investigator?
- 0.5 What is the career path of a Statistical Investigator?
- 1 Statistical Investigator Job Profile
- 2 SSC CGL Statistical Investigator Recruitment Procedure
- 3 Statistical Investigator Salary, Pay Scale and Allowances
- 4 Statistical Investigator Work Environment
- 5 Statistical Investigator Career Path and Opportunities
How to get recruited for the post of Statistical Investigator?
What is the Job Description of a Statistical Investigator?
What is the Salary of a Statistical Investigator?
What is the career path of a Statistical Investigator?
If yes, let us go step by step and understand what a Statistical Investigator actually do.
Statistical Investigator Job Profile
You are recruited for Statistical Investigator Grade II Post through SSC CGL Examination. Your career begins with designated of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO), which is, a Group B Central Civil Service Non-Gazetted Post of the Subordinate Statistical Service (SSS) Cadre under the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation.
As a Junior Statistical Officer (JSO), there will be 2 areas where you will be working upon – Data Collection and Data Processing. The posted will be in the National Sample Survey Office (NSSO).
- Data Collection JSO Job Profile is primarily an intensive field job. It is generally handled by the FOD (Field Operations Division) of the NSSO and the officers are expected to conduct surveys and data collection drives for different governmental schemes, programmes, socio-economic factors, urban surveys and price indexes.
- Data Processing JSO Job Profile is basically a desk job under the NSSO non-field operations department. Junior Statistical Officer working under this profile prepare extensive data reports for the different governmental Ministries/ Departments/ Organisation. The data compiled by them provides general estimates and parameters for the formulation of govt policies, schemes and programmes of the Government of India.
If the posting of a Statistical Investigator is in Ministries, the Officers have clerical job profile. They are in charge of drafting documents, preparing survey report requirements, data entry, tabulation, editing and compiling of existing data into reports and other similar responsibilities.
SSC CGL Statistical Investigator Recruitment Procedure
You need to have a complete graduation degree from a recognized college or university if you wish to apply for the post of Statistical Investigator. The recruitment procedure for the post of Statistical Investigator involves SSC CGL Tier 1 and Tier 2 Examination, followed by document verification of the shortlisted candidates.
SSC CGL Tier 1: The SSC CGL Prelims will be an objective paper of 200 marks with 4 equal sections, which are, Reasoning, General Awareness, Numerical Aptitude and English Comprehension. You need to qualify in this exam in order to move to the next level.
Here are our Recommended products which will surely help you in exam preparation.
Now lets move further with Tier 2 Recruitment procedure.
SSC CGL Tier 2: Competition will get intense at this level. You will attempt 3 Papers and they will be based on Arithmetical Ability, English Language and Mathematics Statistics.
A cumulative score achieved in Tier I and Tier II SSC CGL Exams will be considered while creating the merit list. The candidates will be considered for the post of Statistical Investigator after document verification.
We hope candidates are now well aware of the recruitment procedure. Let us revert our attention towards the career of a Statistical Investigator.
Statistical Investigator Salary, Pay Scale and Allowances
The salary breakdown of a Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) is as follows.
- Pay Scale: Rs. 9,300 – 34,800/-
- Grade Pay: Rs. 4,200/-
Apart from the regular fixed pay, a Statistical Investigator also enjoys a bunch of perks, benefits and allowances.
- DA on Total Pay above (around 107%)
- Transport Allowance (TA)
- House Rent Allowance (if not provided with quarters)
According to current pay scales, you would get a salary of around Rs. 30,000/- per month initially.
Statistical Investigator Work Environment
The post of Statistical Investigator (Grade II) is an all India level post and officers can be posted on a PAN India Basis.
Of the total number of candidates selected for JSO profile, approximately 80% of postings are done through the National Sample Survey Office (NSSO); the rest are appointed to different Ministries/Departments/Organisation within the Union Government.
Depending on the job profile, your work can be highly tedious and detail-oriented, or you can just be performing clerical tasks, as in the case of ministries.
Statistical Investigator Career Path and Opportunities
The position of JSO is offered under the Subordinate Statistical Service (SSS) Cadre and is an entry level position for junior officers. It takes a considerable amount of time, generally around 5 to 8 years; for Statistical Investigators to get promoted to Senior Statistical Officer (Group B – Gazetted) position.
The promotion scale and career growth of a Statistical Investigator can go along the following lines.
- Junior Statistical Officer (JSO)
- Senior Statistical Officer (SSO)
- Assistant Director
- Deputy Director
- Joint Director
- Deputy Director General
- Additional Director General
- Director General
After a JSO moves to the level of SSO, he/she becomes a Gazetted Officer. As the career graph moves in the forward direction, the roles and responsibilities will increase. Promotion policy is designed on the basis of seniority and experience.
Let us know what more information you want in the comments section below.
For better response, post your queries on OnlineTyari Community.