SSC CGL 2016: The Staff Selection Commission has officially marked the opening of online application process for SSC CGL Exam this year. Interested candidates can now submit the application forms for SSC CGL Tier 1 Examination. It had been previously intimated through SSC Exam Calendar 2016-17 that the candidates who wish to apply for SSC CGL 2016 will be able to submit the application forms from 13 February onwards.
So, the Staff Selection Commission has promptly opened their portal (ssconline2.gov.in) for online applications. There are numerous job vacancies across Group B, C and Gazetted Officers in various Departments by the Staff Selection Commission.
As per the latest SSC CGL Updated Exam Pattern, there has been a number of changes and updates which every candidate needs to be informed about.
|Opening Date for SSC CGL 2016 Registration||13 February 2016|
|Last Date for Submitting Application Form Part I [Updated]||28 March 2016|
|Last Date for Submitting Application Form Part II [Updated]||30 March 2016|
|Date of Examination (SSC CGL 2016 Tier I) [Updated]||27 August 2016|
SSC CGL is one of the most popular recruitment exams of India. Every year, more and more aspirants show their interest in applying for various posts. Hence, we treat every one of our reader as a beginner in the world of SSC. The most common set of doubts regarding SSC CGL must be the following
- Am I eligible for applying for SSC CGL 2016?
- How can I apply online for SSC CGL Examination?
- What is the Recruitment Process for SSC CGL?
We will be going step by step and answering each of these questions in absolute detail. Stay with us and we promise it will be time well spent.
SSC CGL 2016 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for SSC CGL 2016 Examination has been clearly specified in the notification released by SSC. It is extremely important to be familiar with eligibility criteria for SSC CGL before you begin the application process. Failure to do so will deem the candidate ineligible for SSC CGL 2016 Examination.
SSC CGL Eligibility Criteria 2016 consists of a set of requirements and clauses in terms of age, educational qualification and nationality. Let us have a look at it.
Nationality: As per SSC directives, the nationality of the candidate must be an Indian.
Age Limit: According to the dictates of SSC CGL Eligibility Criteria 2016, the age limitations vary according to the post a candidate is applying for. The age limitations for SSC CGL Exam are as follows. The age reckoning date has been updated to 1.1. 2016 (1 January 2016) by the Staff Selection Commission.
|Name of the SSC Post||Age Limit|
|Assistant Section Officer/ Sub Inspector (CBI)||20 to 30 years|
|Statistical Investigator Grade II||upto 32 years|
|Assistant Enforcement Officer/ Sub Inspector (NIA)/ Assistant Audit Officer||upto 30 years|
The relaxation in the upper age limit has been applied according to government norms. They are as follows
- SC/ ST: 5 Years
- OBC: 3 Years
- PH: 10 Years
- PH + OBC: 13 Years
- PH + SC/ST: 15 Years
Minimum Educational Qualification: Similar to age limitation, the minimum educational qualification also varies with the post.
|Name of the Post||Educational Qualification|
|Compiler||Bachelors Degree with Economics or Statistics or Mathematics as compulsory or Elective subject from any recognized University.|
|Statistical Investigator Grade – II||
Graduation with statistics as one of the main subjects OR
|All other posts||Graduation from a recognized college or university|
|Assistants (CSS)||Graduation and Good Proficiency over Computers|
Note: Degree obtained from open Universities/Distance Education is allowed in this exam but, the university must be recognized by Distance Education Council, IGNOU.
Do you satisfy or fit in the existing criteria for SSC CGL 2016? If yes, follow this procedure to submit your application online.
SSC CGL 2016: How to Apply
The eligible candidates can submit their application online. The process is completed in 2 sets of registration forms. Make sure you have all the necessary materials out or in front of you before you initiate the registration process.
- Debit Card/ Credit Card Details
- Scanned Copy of your Passport Sized Photograph
- Scanned Copy of your Signature
Follow these steps to complete the process of submitting the SSC CGL Form online.
- Begin with SSC CGL Registration Form Part I by clicking here.
- You will be directed to SSC Official Site, now proceed further.
- In this form, you enter all the basic details. Double-Check for any errors in dates or spellings. You don’t have to rush through the application.
- Click on “I agree” button after you find that information supplied by you requires no correction. Remember, no modification will be allowed after you complete this form.
- A registration number will be generated.
- Note down the registration number or take out the print out of the page. The first part is complete for SSC CGL 2016 Examination.
- The application procedure is incomplete without Part II of the Registration Process.
- The Part II requires all the details we mentioned before to keep in front of you, i.e. debit/ credit card details and scanned copes of photograph, signature.
- To begin Part II, click here.
- Enter the registration number from Point 5 and your date of birth here.
- Fill in all the necessary details. The process will remain incomplete if you fail to upload photograph, signature or pay online fees.
If there are any queries, please feel free to mention in the comments section below. Based on this new exam pattern, we recommend this mock test series for SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam Preparation.
For better response, post your queries on OnlineTyari Community.