SBI PO Mains Previous Year Exam Analysis: The State Bank of India conducted SBI PO Mains Exam last year on July 31st, 2016. This article will primarily focus on SBI PO Mains Previous Year Exam Analysis, with detailed section-wise review of the paper.
If you are preparing for the upcoming SBI Mains Examination, we recommend you to go through the entire paper review thoroughly.
SBI PO Mains Previous Year Exam Analysis: Section-Wise Difficulty Level
- 1 SBI PO Mains Previous Year Exam Analysis: Section-Wise Difficulty Level
Before beginning our exam review of SBI PO Mains 2016, let us talk about the exam pattern of the paper.
|Name of the Section||Questions||Marks||Duration (in mins.)|
|General/ Financial Awareness||40||40||35|
|Reasoning & Computer Awareness||45||60||60|
The overall level of difficulty for SBI PO Mains 2016 was TOUGH. The Written Exam was divided into Objective and Descriptive Paper, the objective paper was divided into below mention 4 sections. Negative marking of ¼ for every wrong attempt.
Moving further in our SBI PO Mains Exam Analysis, here is our detailed section-wise analysis of SBI PO Mains Paper to understand how many questions were asked from each topic.
SBI PO Mains Exam Analysis for General/ Financial Awareness
The level of this questions asked was Moderate. A well prepared student could’ve attempted 30 to 33 Questions.
The section was predominantly based on Static Affairs and Financial Awareness very few Questions are there from Last six months current affairs and no Question from May-June Current Affairs.
Here are a few tips which will help you prepare for General Awareness Section of SBI PO Mains 2017 Examination.
- Make Handy Notes for Current Affairs.
- Solve Practice Papers as well as Previous Years Solved Papers.
- Try mock test papers regularly and practice all the questions for gaining perfection in attempts.
- It is important to analyze each and every practice or mock test you appear for. It helps in giving you a rough idea of your level of preparation for the exam and apply strategy accordingly.
- Speed is an important factor when you are looking to solve the paper and save time for revision as well. Regular practice of questions can enhance your speed.
SBI PO Mains Exam Analysis for English Language
The level of the section was Tough. A well prepared student could’ve attempted 16-18 Questions. Surprisingly, NO Questions from Cloze Test, Spotting the Error and Parajumbles were asked.
Here are a few tips which will help you prepare for English Language Section of SBI PO Mains 2017 Examination.
- Read Newspaper Daily. This is the best habit you can inculcate in your daily study routine, which will help in your preparation for various competitive exams.
- Dedicate time for each topic one by one and keep switching topics as well so that you don’t get bored with one subject.
- Use 1 hour daily for mugging up Antonyms, Synonyms, One Word Substitution, Analogy etc.
- Read Grammar Basics. This will help you in overcoming silly mistakes and will be beneficial in the long run.
SBI PO Mains Exam Analysis for Reasoning Ability & Computer
The level of the section was Tough. A well prepared student could’ve attempted 24-27 Questions. The topic-wise distribution of questions is as follows.
- Seating Arrangement – (1 SET) Linear with Direction Concept
- Puzzle – (1 SET) People belongs to different cities & different profession.
- Inequality – 1 SET
- Coding-Decoding – 1 SET
- Sequential Input Output Tracing– 1 SET
- Derivation of Statement – Inference, Assumption, Course of Act
- Data Sufficiency – 1 SET
Flow Chart based Questions were there in Computer Section.Here are a few tips which will help you prepare for Reasoning Ability.
- Start preparing topic by topic and then make yourself clear with Questions under Reasoning that is among your strength.
- Segregate the topics which you are weak in and practice those every day.
- Don’t try to cover everything included in syllabus. Just focus on the important topics which carry a high weightage of marks.
- Focus on accuracy and speed. Solve various mock tests available online by setting a timer for yourself. This practice is the most beneficial one and guarantees proper time management.
Note: No Direct Basis Question from computer Knowledge is asked.
SBI PO Mains Exam Analysis for Data Interpretation
The level of the section was TOUGH. A well prepared student could’ve attempted 3-4 SET i.e 15-20 Questions.
- Pie Chart – 5 Questions
- Line Chart – 5 Questions
- Probability – 3 Questions
- Time & Work – 3 Questions
- Missing DI – 5 Questions
- Bar Graph – 5 Questions
- Quadratic Equation – 5 Questions
- Data Sufficiency – 5 Questions
Note: New type of Question related to Quadratic Equation are there.
These are the most commons topics for Maths Section. The go-to strategy for Mathematics Preparation is
- Begin with the basics
- Understand the type of questions asked from a particular topic
- Find ways to solve them optimally
- Practice and Practice
SBI PO Mains Exam Analysis for Descriptive Test
(i) Descriptive test consisted of two types of questions i.e. – Letter Writing & Essay Writing.
(ii) Three options was given on which candidate has to write Essay and Letter on any one of the given topic.
- Maximum limit of For Essay Writing – 300 words
- Maximum limit For Letter Writing – 150 words
(iii) Answers are to be typed using the keyboard. Total duration of descriptive test is 30 minutes to answer the questions.
Here are a few tips which will help you prepare for Descriptive Test
- Know the Correct Essay Format
- Don’t Deviate Off-Topic
- Be Mindful of the Tone of your Writing
- Improve your Vocabulary
- Do not be overly descriptive, neither too precise
Here we are providing some overall time management tips which will surely help you in attempting exam efficiently.
- A Candidate has to prepare himself/ herself for the exam and decide which part should be attempted first.
- The student should leave the question if it’s time consuming. He/ she should not spend too much time on any particular part or a problem.
- If possible, skip the topic which is lengthy and time-consuming as they consume a lot of time.
- Before giving the exams, the student should try the test series so that he can analyze the time consumed by him to complete paper.
- Last but not the least, Always keep calm.
Compare yourself and know your All India Rank:
We conclude our article here on SBI PO Mains Previous Year Exam Analysis, Section-Wise Difficulty Level. To excel in Bank Examinations, download the Best SBI PO Exam Preparation App for free.