How to Attempt SBI PO Mains Exam 2017: The Final Written Exam for the selection of Probationary Officers will be held on 4th June. With just a few days left, candidates preparing for SBI PO Mains Exam need to concentrate more on maximising speed and accuracy in the overall paper.
To crack SBI PO Mains 2017 Examination, candidates need to apply a focused strategy. With a number of countable hours left, it is apt to publish the final tips for both preparation and revision, which will help candidates understand how to attempt SBI PO Mains Exam.
SBI PO Mains Exam Pattern
Main Examination will consist of Objective Tests for 200 marks and Descriptive Test for 50 marks. Objective and Descriptive Tests will be online. The pattern of Mains Objective Exam will be MCQ based. There will be 4 sections: Reasoning & Computer Knowledge, English Language, Data Analysis & Interpretation and General/Economy/Banking Awareness. Each section will have separate time slots for each paper of the Mains examination. Let us formulate SBI PO Mains pattern in the table below:
|Name of the Section||Questions||Marks||Time Slot
|Reasoning & Computer Knowledge||45||60||60|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45|
There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score.
How to Attempt SBI PO Mains Exam 2017
In order to crack SBI PO Mains Exam 2017, you need to develop a strategy instead of a study plan. Here are a few pointers which might help you. Let us start with the reasoning section
Reasoning Ability & Computer Knowledge
Reasoning Ability in SBI PO Mains usually has questions ranging from easy to moderate, depending on your level of understanding. A few pointers from this section would be-
- Focus more on Inequalities, Seating arrangement and Syllogism based Questions as one can score 4-5 marks collectively in a single go.
- You might require additional time for solving problems based on Blood Relations, Data Sufficiency etc.
Let us now head towards SBI PO Mains Numerical Ability Section.
In SBI PO Mains Numerical Ability section, most questions range from easy to moderate level. You must tick right the ones you are confident about. Problems from Numerical Ability will be asked from these topics.
Follow these points in order to maximize score in Numerical Ability section of SBI PO Mains 2017
- Be Quick in Calculations: DI consists of Bar Graphs, Pie Charts and Tables. If you are quick in calculations, do not skip this section. The questions are pretty straightforward.
- Simplification based questions should be the next target. Try and learn the values of commonly used approximations in advance.
- Avoid lengthy calculations. Much like every examination, you need to leverage calculation speed over time. Try learning a few shortcut tricks to calculate the solution faster.
Let us now head towards SBI PO Mains English Language Section.
In SBI PO Mains English Language section, most questions range from easy to moderate level. You must tick correct the ones you are confident about. Here are the core subjects for English Language section.
Focus points for English Language Section will be
- Begin with Cloze Test. A passage consisting of 10 questions will be asked in SBI PO Mains Exam.
- Increase Speed. Reading Comprehension can be time consuming. Try skimming and reading at a faster pace to avoid panic mode.
- Synonyms Antonyms and Sentence Improvement based questions should be solved right after Cloze Test. They can be solved pretty quickly provided you take them up early in exam.
General/ Financial Awareness
In SBI PO Mains General/ Financial Awareness section, most questions range from easy to moderate level.
Here are some important topics which can help you ace in exams:
- Current Affairs
- General/ Economic/ Banking Awareness
- Static Affairs
Do’s and Don’ts while attempting SBI Clerk Prelims 2016
While attempting the written examination, here is a list of Do’s and Don’ts which you should integrate in your exam strategy in order to crack SBI PO Mains Exam 2017.
- Do follow a pre-defined exam strategy using the Last Minute Booster Plan in each section.
- Do follow a specified time constraint while solving questions particular to each section of SBI PO Mains Exam.
- Don’t get confused or excited seeing something new in any of the sections. Just attempt those topics you are comfortable with.
- Don’t stick to any particular section or Question if it is taking any excess time. This is a major contradiction to Point No. 2.
- Don’t forget to Analyze the Question for 5 seconds atleast. If you are able to understand the objective behind the question and can be solved within 1-1.5 minute, go for it. Else, just skip it.
- Don’t try to solve the entire written examination in one go. Just solve the simplest one first and mark the related ones for Review. After you’ve covered a significant portion, attempt those kept for review. This will increase the number of correct attempts and motivates you as well.
- Do remember that it is always better to attempt 80% Questions with full accuracy than attempting the full paper with medium accuracy.
We conclude our article here on How to Attempt SBI PO Mains Exam 2017: Do’s & Don’ts. To excel in Bank Examinations, download the Best SBI PO Exam Preparation App for free.