SBI Clerk Prelims 2016 was successfully conducted today for the recruitment of Junior Associate (JA) and Junior Agriculture Associate (JAA) within State Bank of India. This is Day 1 of SBI Clerk Examination and there were 4 slots, 9 AM, 11:30 AM, 2 PM, 4:30 PM. Here is our complete SBI Clerk Exam Analysis for Preliminary Examination Day 1 in a combined format for all 4 slots.
If you appeared for SBI Clerk Prelims Day 2 Examination (28 May), refer to the link above.
SBI Clerk Exam Analysis (Prelims) | 22 May 2016
- 1 SBI Clerk Exam Analysis (Prelims) | 22 May 2016
- 2 SBI Clerk Sectional Exam Analysis for Prelims 2016
- 3 Recommendations: Crack SBI Clerk Prelims 2016
- 4 SBI Clerk Cut Off 2016 for Preliminary Examination
Before beginning our exam review of SBI Clerk Prelims, let us talk about the basic exam pattern. The Prelims Examination was Objective MCQ based with 100 Questions divided into 3 sections i.e. Reasoning, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude. The total marks for SBI Clerk Prelims are 100 with total time 60 minutes.
Talking in a cumulative sense for all 4 slots, the overall level of difficulty of SBI Clerk Prelims conducted on 22 May 2016 was Easy.
|Section Name||Questions||Level of Difficulty|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||Easy to Average|
Since this is the first time that a new exam pattern for SBI Clerk Recruitment has been implemented, a lot of candidates were confused regarding the level of prelims exam. But, as per our SBI Clerk Exam Analysis for Day 1, the paper was quite straightforward.
Now let us move to our sectional exam analysis section for SBI Clerk 2016 Prelims and also calculate how many attempts are considered good in each section for cracking the first phase of SBI JA JAA Recruitment 2016.
SBI Clerk Sectional Exam Analysis for Prelims 2016
For Preliminary Examination, the time allotted was 60 minutes to solve 100 questions. Here is our prediction regarding the ideal attempt or number of good attempts for SBI Clerk Prelims. This predicted score applies for Day 1 (22 May) for all 4 slots.
|Section Name||Questions||Number of Good Attempts|
As per our exam analysis, we predict that a cumulative attempt along the numbers mentioned above would point to a positive score for moving to the next round, which is, SBI Clerk Mains 2016.
Recommended: SBI PO Mock Test Series | Guider Publication
Let us now understand what type of questions were asked in SBI Clerk Prelims 22nd May 2016 on all 4 slots.
SBI Clerk Exam Analysis of Reasoning Aptitude Section
For Day 1, the level of difficulty of SBI Clerk Prelims was easy. Maximum Questions were based on singlets. Few topics covered in this section were as follows:
- Complex Arrangement/ Puzzles – 1 Set (Single Condition)
- Alphanumeric Series – 5 Questions
- Coding-Decoding – 5 Questions
- Inequality – 5 Questions
- Number Series – 5 Questions
- Ranking, Numbers
- Blood Relation
- Circular Sitting Arrangement – 1 Set (Single)
As per our analysis of Reasoning Section, candidates having good knowledge and practice can easily attempt 21-23 Questions with good accuracy.
SBI Clerk Exam Analysis of English Language Section
This section was expected to be a major score booster and so it was. A lot of elementary questions were asked. A few candidates found the Reading Comprehension a bit time consuming but it was levelled out with a super easy Cloze Test. Few topics covered in this section were as follows:
- Reading Comprehension – 10 Questions (Story Based)
- Cloze Test – 5 Questions (Story Based)
- Spellings – 5 Questions
- Sentence Arrangement in a correct Order/ Para jumbles – 5 Questions
- Spotting the Error – 5 Questions
As per our analysis of QA Section, candidates having good reading and grammatical skills could have easily attempted 16-19 Questions with good accuracy.
SBI Clerk Exam Analysis of Quantitative Aptitude Section
To much surprise of SBI aspirants, Quantitative Aptitude Section was not challenging at all. The level of questions was easy, with a few tricky ones (can skip those). There were quite a few basic application questions. Few topics covered in this section were as follows:
- Number Series – 5 Questions
- Data Interpretation – (1 Set Table Graph)
- Time & Work
- Profit & Discount
- Simple Interest & Compound Interest
- Mixture and Allegations
- Speed Calculation – 5 Questions
- Simplification – 5 Questions
As per our analysis of Reasoning Section, candidates having good knowledge and practice can easily attempt 16-19 Questions with good accuracy.
This sums up our detailed SBI Clerk Exam Analysis for Preliminary Paper for all 4 slots of Da 1 , which is, 22 May 2016. Around 30 lakh have applied for SBI Clerk Recruitment 2016. Hence, the exam date was spread over 5 different days, which are, May 21, 28, 29 & June 4, 5.
So, if you are someone who is yet to attempt SBI Clerk Prelims 2016, we recommend you to read the section below.
Recommendations: Crack SBI Clerk Prelims 2016
The next SBI Clerk Prelims Exam Date has been set for 28 May. Since it is just a few days from now, you stick to these 2 steps which help you secure better marks and qualify SBI Clerk Prelims 2016.
1. Topic-Based Preparation: Many common topics (like Syllogism, Fill in the Blanks, Statement Conclusion etc.) are not there in the paper so don’t focus much on such Questions.
2. Understanding Level of Question: As we have explained in detail in this SBI Clerk Exam Analysis for Day 1, the level of paper was easy. Hence, practising/ solving questions of Level II will be sufficient to tackle the paper.
Recommended Mock Test: Disha Publication (15 Mock test Series)
Recommended Mock Test: AIM Publication (15 Mock test Series)
Since we have concluded our SBI Clerk Exam Analysis for Preliminary Day 1 Paper, let us move to the most asked query after each recruitment examination – what is the cut off?
SBI Clerk Cut Off 2016 for Preliminary Examination
From what we gather from Day 1 Exam Analysis, the overall cut off for SBI Clerk Prelims will be based on the following factors.
- Number of Candidates Appearing in all 4 Slots
- Level of Paper in Various Slots (Normalization will be there)
- State-Wise Performance of the Candidates
Putting all these factors into consideration, we can expect the SBI Clerk Cut Off for Prelims 2016 to be along this line.
|Category||Overall Cut Off (Expected)|
Please Note that this is a generalized cut-off that merely predicts that if you have attempted the a good number of questions with great accuracy, you have the fair chance of making it to SBI Clerk Mains. For Section-Wise preparation of SBI Clerk Prelims, refer to the following links.
- SBI Clerk Prelims English Language Preparation: Click here
- SBI Clerk Prelims Reasoning Ability Preparation: Click here
- SBI Clerk Prelims Numerical Ability Preparation: Click here
For better response, post your queries on OnlineTyari Community.