RPSC RAS Syllabus Exam Pattern 2016: The Rajasthan Public Service Commission has finalized the Exam Date for RPSC RAS Prelims. The Exam will be conducted on 28 August 2016 and candidates have already started preparing for the written paper. Since a lot of RAS candidates must be new to the paper, we will be discussing RPSC RAS Syllabus and Exam Pattern first.
To promptly inform you, there has been ‘no effective change’ in the scheme of examination this year. The only thing different is that the exam will be conducted online this year.
RPSC RAS Selection Procedure 2016
- 1 RPSC RAS Selection Procedure 2016
- 2 RPSC RAS Syllabus for Preliminary Examination
Just like previous years, RPSC RAS recruitment is a three stage selection process.
- Preliminary Examination
- Mains Examination
- Personality Test
RPSC RAS 2016: Prelims Exam Pattern
The Preliminary Examination will consist of one paper on the subject specified below, which will be of objective type and carry a maximum of 200 marks. The examination is meant to serve as a screening test only. It will act as a qualifying paper for Mains Examination.
|General Knowledge and General Science||200||3 hours|
The Standard of the paper will be that of a Bachelor’s Degree Level. The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination by the candidates, who are declared qualified for admission to Main Examination will not be counted for determining their final order of merit.
RPSC RAS 2016: Mains Exam Pattern
The number of candidates to be admitted to the Main Examination will be 15 times the total approximate number of vacancies (category wise) to be filled in the year in various Services and posts, but in the said range all those candidates who secure the same percentage of marks as may be fixed by the Commission for any lower range will be admitted to the Main Examination.
The written examination will consist of the following four papers which will be descriptive / analytical. A candidate must take all the papers listed below which will also consist of question paper of brief, medium, long answer and descriptive type questions.
|Papers||Name of the Paper||Maximum Marks|
|Paper -1||General Studies – I||200|
|Paper-2||General Studies – II||200|
|Paper-3||General Studies – III||200|
|Paper-4||General English and General Hindi||200|
The standard of General Hindi and General English will be that of Sr. Secondary level. The time allowed for each paper shall be 3 hours.
RPSC RAS 2016: Personality Test
Candidates who obtain such minimum qualifying marks in the written test of the Main Examination as may be fixed by the Commission in their discretion shall be summoned by them for an interview for a personality test which carries 100 marks.
The Commission shall award marks to each candidate interviewed by them. In interviewing the candidates besides awarding marks in respect of character, personality, address, physique, marks shall also be awarded for the candidate’s knowledge of Rajasthani culture.
However, for selection to the Rajasthan Police Service, candidates having ‘C’ Certificate of N.C.C. shall be given preference. The marks so awarded shall be added to the marks obtained in the written test by each such candidate.
RPSC RAS Syllabus for Preliminary Examination
So far RPSC has not declared the exact syllabus for RPSC RAS Exam 2016. But, judging from the fact that there is no change in the scheme of examination, we can conclude that there won’t be any significant change in the syllabus this year.
For RPSC RAS Prelims Examination, the following sections/ topics will be prevalent in the written examination.
History, Art, Culture, Literature, Tradition & Heritage of Rajasthan
- Major Landmarks in the History of Rajasthan, Major Dynasties, their Administrative and Revenue System.
- Socio-Cultural Issues.
- Freedom Movement, Political Awakening and Integration.
- Salient features of Architecture – Forts and Monuments.
- Arts, Paintings and Handicrafts.
- Important Works of Rajasthani literature.
- Local Dialects.
- Fairs, Festivals, Folk Music and Folk Dances.
- Rajasthani Culture, Traditions and Heritage.
- Religious Movements, Saints & Lok Devtas of Rajasthan.
- Important Tourist Places.
- Leading Personalities of Rajasthan.
The topics of Indian History will be divided among Ancient Medieval Period and the Modern Period.
Ancient & Medieval Period
- Salient features and Major Landmarks of Ancient and Medieval India.
- Art, Culture, Literature and Architecture.
- Major Dynasties, Their Administrative System. Socio-Economic Conditions, Prominent movements.
- Modern Indian history (from about the middle of the eighteenth century until the present) significant events, personalities and issues
- The Freedom Struggle & Indian National Movement- its various stages and important contributors and contributions from different parts of the Country
- Social and religious reform movements in the XIX and XX Century.
- Post-independence consolidation and reorganization within the Country.
Geography of World and India
Owing to the expanse of Geography in itself, the syllabus for RPSC RAS Examination in terms of Geography will be divided among World Geography and Geography of India.
- Broad Physical Features
- Environmental and Ecological Issues
- Wildlife and Bio-Diversity
- International Waterways
- Major Industrial Regions
Geography of India
- Broad Physical Features and Major Physiography Divisions
- Agriculture and Agro-based Activities
- Minerals – Iron, Manganese, Coal, Oil & Gas, Atomic Minerals
- Major Industries and Industrial Development
- Transportation– major transport corridors
- Natural Resources
- Environmental Problems and Ecological Issues
Indian Constitution, Political System & Governance
The various aspects of Indian Constitution and the Political System can be divided among the following topics for RPSC RAS Exam Syllabus.
Constitutional Development & Indian Constitution
- Government of India Acts: 1919 and 1935
- Constituent Assembly
- Nature of Indian Constitution – Preamble, Fundamental Rights, Directive Principles of State, Fundamental Duties, Federal Structure, Constitutional Amendments, Emergency Provisions, Public Interest Litigation (P.I.L.) and Judicial Review
Indian Political System and Governance
- Nature of Indian State, Democracy in India, Reorganization of States, Coalition Governments, Political Parties, and National Integration
- Union and State Executive; Union and State Legislative, Judiciary
- President, Parliament, Supreme Court, Election Commission, Comptroller and Auditor General, Planning Commission, National Development Council, Central Vigilance Commission (CVC), Central Information Commission , Lokpal, National Human Rights Commission (NHRC)
- Local Self Government & Panchayati Raj
Public Policy & Rights
- National Public Policy as a Welfare State
- Various Legal Rights and Citizen Charter
Political and Administrative System of Rajasthan
- Governor, Chief Minister, State Assembly, High Court, Rajasthan Public Service Commission, District Administration, State Human Rights Commission, Lokayukt, State Election Commission, State Information Commission
- Public Policy, Legal Rights and Citizen Charter
Economic Concepts and Indian Economy
Basic Concepts of Economics
- Basic Knowledge of Budgeting, Banking, Public Finance, National Income, Growth and Development
- Accounting – Concept, Tools and Uses in Administration
- Stock Exchange and Share Market
- Fiscal and Monetary Policies
- Subsidies, Public Distribution System
- Inflation – Concept, Impact and Control Mechanism
Economic Development & Planning
- 5 Year Plans – Objectives, Strategies and Achievements.
- Major Sectors of Economy- Agriculture, Industry, Service and Trade- Current Status, Issues & initiatives.
- Major Economic Problems and Government Initiatives. Economic Reforms and Liberalization.
Human Resource and Economic Development
- Human Development Index
- Poverty and Unemployment: Concept, Types, Causes, Remedies and Current Flagship Schemes.
Social Justice and Empowerment
- Provisions for weaker sections.
Economy of Rajasthan
- Macro overview of Economy.
- Major Agricultural, Industrial and Service Sector Issues.
- Growth, Development and Planning.
- Infrastructure & Resources.
- Major Development Projects.
- Programs and Schemes- Government Welfare Schemes for SC/ST/Backward Class/Minorities/Disabled Persons, Destitute, Women, Children, Old Age People, Farmers & Laborers.
Science & Technology
- Basics of Everyday Science
- Electronics, Computers, Information and Communication Technology.
- Space Technology including Satellites.
- Defence Technology.
- Human body, Food and Nutrition, Health care.
- Environmental and Ecological Changes and its Impacts.
- Biodiversity, Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering.
- Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry and Animal Husbandry with special reference to Rajasthan.
- Development of Science and Technology in Rajasthan.
Reasoning & Mental Ability
Logical Reasoning (Deductive, Inductive, Abductive)
- Statement and Assumptions, Statement and Argument, Statements and Conclusion, Courses of Action.
- Analytical Reasoning
- Number series, Letter series, Odd man out, Coding-Decoding, Problems relating to Relations, Shapes and their sub sections.
- Elementary knowledge of Mathematical and Statistical Analysis.
- Number System, Order of Magnitude, Ratio and Proportion, Percentage, Simple and Compound Interest, Data Analysis (Tables, Bar diagram, Line graph, Pie-chart).
- Major Current Events and Issues of State (Rajasthan), National and International Importance
- Persons and Places in recent news
- Games and Sports related Activities
We understand that the exam syllabus is quite vast, which is why, we are creating a proper study plan for you.
Stay connected for more information regarding RPSC Recruitment 2016. To excel in State Exams, download the Best State Exam Preparation App for free.