RPSC Grade 1 Teacher Syllabus: Rajasthan Public Service Commission will be conducting the recruitment examination for RPSC Grade 1 Lecturer in the month of May 2016. The exam is usually conducted during the last week of May but the final date is not decided yet. But, knowing about RPSC Grade 1 Teacher Syllabus for both papers is extremely important to start your preparation. Hence, this article will guide you through the important topics for RPSC Lecturer Exam.
RPSC Grade 1 Teacher Syllabus Paper 1
The first paper for RPSC Grade 1 Lecturer will be attempted by all candidates. This will be a single non-sectional test where a total of 75 questions will be asked based General Awareness and General Studies. Total Time will be 90 minutes.
|Name of the Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|History of Rajasthan and Indian History (with special emphasis on Indian National Movement)||15||30|
|General Science, Indian Polity and Geography of Rajasthan||15||30|
|Educational Management, Educational Scenario in Rajasthan, Right to Education Act, 2009||15||30|
Let us discuss in detail the important topics for RPSC Grade 1 Lecturer Syllabus (Paper 1).
1. History of Rajasthan and Indian History with special emphasis on Indian National Movement
- Development of Art, Science and Literature during Mauryan and Gupta Periods.
- Ancient Indian education system and educational institutions of learning, Indian cultural expansion abroad.
- Growth of education during British period, Freedom Struggle of 1857. Rise of Nationalist movement, Prominent leaders of national movement, V.D. Savarkar, Bankim Chandra, Lal, Bal, Pal, Chandra Shekhar Azad, Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Ras Behari Bose, Subhash Chandra Bose., social and religious renaissance- Raja Ram Mohan Roy, Dayanand Saraswati and Vivekanand.
- Mahatma Gandhi and National movement.
- Freedom Struggle of 1857 and Rajasthan. Peasant and labour movement. Vijay Singh Pathik, Arjun Lal Sethi, Kesari Singh and Joravar Singh Bareth.
- Shivaji and the Maratha Swaraj, Rajput polity, society and culture during 7 th to 12 th centuries.
- Bhakti movement and cultural synthesis, development of education, language, literature, Art and Architecture during Mughal Period.
- Maharana Pratap, struggle with the Mughals.
2. Mental Ability Test
Analogy, series completion, coding-decoding, blood relations, logical venn diagrams, alphabetical test, number ranking and time sequence test, mathematical operations, arithmetical reasoning, data interpretation, data sufficiency, cubes and dice, construction of sequences and triangles.
Statistics (Secondary Level): Collection of data, presentation of data, graphical representation of data, measures of central tendency, mean, mode, median of ungrouped and grouped data.
Mathematics (Secondary Level): Natural, rational and irrational numbers, real numbers and their decimal expansions, operations on real numbers, laws of exponents for real numbers, rational numbers and their decimal expansions. Zeroes of a polynomial. Relationship between zeroes and coefficients of a polynomial. Division algorithm for polynomials. Algebraic methods of solution of pair of linear equations in two variables.
Mensuration: Surface area of a cuboid and a cube, right circular cylinder, right circular cone, sphere. Volume of a cuboid, cylinder, right circular cone and sphere, Surface area and volume of a combination of solids conversion of solid from shape to another.
Language Ability Test: Hindi, English
3. Current Affairs
Economic Planning in India, 12th five year plan, Census of India 2011, Various development programme of India and Rajasthan, Poverty eradication programme, Youth employment programme, Health and Hygiene Schemes of Rajasthan, Space programmes of India, Atomic Energy programmes, India and the world events of importance, Persons and places of India in News, Contemporary events in Science and Technology in India, National and International Awards and Prizes, Latest Books and Authors of India, Sports and games.
4. General Science
Atoms and molecules, Chemical reactions and equations, Carbon and its compounds, Force and laws of motion, Work and energy, Tissues, Control and coordination, Heredity and evolution, Management of natural resources, Protection of environment, Biodiversity and sustainable development.
- Salient feature of the constitution of India, Indian Executive, Legislature, and Judiciary – Organization, Theory and practice, Elections in India. The president of India, Election and emergency powers of the president.
- Cabinet, Prime Minister and his powers.
- Parliament, speaker and his functions.
- Bureaucratic set up of India.
- Political parties and their role – Theory and practice.
- Supreme Court – Organization and powers, Commissions and Boards at -national level.
Geography of Rajasthan
Location, Extent, Shape, Size, Physical features climate, demographic characteristics, agriculture, mineral resources, energy resources. Tourism and transport. Industries and trade.
5. Educational Management, Educational scenario in Rajasthan, Right to Education Act 2009
Concept and functions of educational management, Educational management in Rajasthan, School as a unit of decentralized planning, Educational management information System(EMIS), Institutional planning, School mapping, Block Resource Centre(BRC), School Management Committee(SMC), District Information System for Education(DISE), Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan(SSA), Rashtriya Madhyanik Shiksha Abhiyan(RMSA). Organisation of educational set up at primary and secondary in Rajasthan , Functions of RIE, SIERT, BSER, IASE, CTE, DIET, Rajasthan Educational Initiative, Balika Shiksha Foundation, Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidalaya, Rajasthan text book board, Bharat Scouts and Guides. Rasthriya Military school, Sainik school, Public school, Model school, E-Mitra, E-Governance, Rajshiksha, Edusat, Gyandarshan, Gyanvani. Provisions of Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act, 2009.
RPSC Grade 1 Teacher Syllabus Paper 2
For the second paper, you will have to choose one of the subjects as speciality. This paper will contain 150 questions but will follow the same objective pattern as RPSC Paper 1.
|Section||Name of the Subject||Questions||Marks|
|1.||Knowledge of Subject Concerned: Senior Secondary Level||55||110|
|2.||Knowledge of Subject Concerned: Graduation Level||55||110|
|3.||Knowledge of Subject Concerned: Post Graduation Level||10||20|
|4.||Educational Psychology, Pedagogy, Teaching Learning Material, Use of Computers and Information Technology in Teaching Learning||30||60|
The total time allotted for RPSC Grade 1 Lecturer Paper 2 is 150 minutes.
- RPSC Grade 1 Lecturer Paper 2: Biology Syllabus = http://rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in/Static/Syllabus/2564E0BF-2D4C-4775-B51D-D10E3C03255D.pdf
- RPSC Grade 1 Lecturer Paper 2: Home Science Syllabus = http://rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in/Static/Syllabus/9C163D84-C50C-4792-8245-FAE0C96D710F.pdf
- RPSC Grade 1 Lecturer Paper 2: Mathematics Syllabus = http://rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in/Static/Syllabus/95CF51A4-ECBB-4B08-86EC-637DC89F2FF5.pdf
- RPSC Grade 1 Lecturer Paper 2: Music Syllabus = http://rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in/Static/Syllabus/604DECA2-FDC8-4F4E-809F-4E0DE3F1EB5C.pdf
- RPSC Grade 1 Lecturer Paper 2: Philosophy Syllabus = http://rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in/Static/Syllabus/A8705948-DB83-4445-924F-270689D5FEDA.pdf
- RPSC Grade 1 Lecturer Paper 2: Physics Syllabus = http://rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in/Static/Syllabus/1B58F3D6-BDF2-4E54-BB49-EC78F6908FC0.pdf
- RPSC Grade 1 Lecturer Paper 2: Political Science Syllabus = http://rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in/Static/Syllabus/ABAD5235-11D1-401E-8E1E-52C9E03CEB2B.pdf
- RPSC Grade 1 Lecturer Paper 2: Rajasthani Syllabus = http://rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in/Static/Syllabus/A1909AFD-4AD8-43AB-81B2-044DD9FD1978.pdf
- RPSC Grade 1 Lecturer Paper 2: Sanskrit Syllabus = http://rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in/Static/Syllabus/15931C81-6975-4266-9B14-786CE7F95D2C.pdf
- RPSC Grade 1 Lecturer Paper 2: Sociology Syllabus = http://rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in/Static/Syllabus/29F157B3-7F91-4016-A190-612FBEDEBE2B.pdf
- RPSC Grade 1 Lecturer Paper 2: Sindhi Syllabus = http://rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in/Static/Syllabus/F777430C-9599-41EF-9340-E72902EDB90C.pdf
- RPSC Grade 1 Lecturer Paper 2: Chemistry Syllabus = http://rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in/Static/Syllabus/81ED65CF-922F-437C-85C6-3A11F701C613.pdf
- RPSC Grade 1 Lecturer Paper 2: Commerce Syllabus = http://rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in/Static/Syllabus/23B5BAE3-E432-4773-8E56-4DE1CD5A2242.pdf
- RPSC Grade 1 Lecturer Paper 2: Drawing and Painting Syllabus = http://rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in/Static/Syllabus/819A0B52-816E-4DA6-8877-5805A0A7CC82.pdf
- RPSC Grade 1 Lecturer Paper 2: Economics = http://rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in/Static/Syllabus/AF40EA75-6452-4C23-B044-FF13C1137189.pdf
- RPSC Grade 1 Lecturer Paper 2: English Syllabus = http://rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in/Static/Syllabus/B181B5F8-4178-40DB-8E04-949F2C6D4CF6.pdf
- RPSC Grade 1 Lecturer Paper 2: Geography Syllabus = http://rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in/Static/Syllabus/9B5D5C03-E8CE-4B7F-BE63-030A041ADA7F.pdf
- RPSC Grade 1 Lecturer Paper 2: Hindi Syllabus = http://rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in/Static/Syllabus/5A763047-90C0-490F-859C-E5C31989E4B2.pdf
- RPSC Grade 1 Lecturer Paper 2: History Syllabus = http://rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in/Static/Syllabus/5165015B-9E29-4AA0-9BC1-AEAB1235D35F.pdf
We hope you are able to understand the type of paper which comes for RPSC Grade 1 Teacher. Let us know if you still have some queries.
Stay connected for more information regarding RPSC Recruitment 2016. To excel in State Exams, download the Best State Exam Preparation App for free.