RRB Railways Recruitment Examination 2016 will be held this year between the months of March to May, depending upon the zone. In our previous articles, we have discussed the following details of RRB NTPC Examination 2016.
- Total Number of Job Vacancies – 18252
- Eligibility Criteria, Educational Qualification and Selection Process of RRB NTPC Recruitment Examination 2016.
- Pay Scale of various RRB Non-Technical Popular Categories
- RRB NTPC Online Application Process
- How to Fill Post Preferences for RRB NTPC 2016
If any of the RRB aspirants wish to revisit these topics, they can refer to the links mentioned below.
- RRB Non-Technical Recruitment 2016 – Complete Information: Click Here
- RRB NTPC Examination 2016 – How to Apply: Click here
- RRB NTPC Examination 2016 – How to Fill Post Preferences: Click here
Now moving on to the central topic of this article, which is, Syllabus and Expected Exam Pattern of RRB Non-Technical Recruitment Examination 2016.
Gathering evidence from our previous articles, we have come to this conclusion that most RRB aspirants are confused about the exam syllabus and pattern. It is totally understandable!
The Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) has not pointed towards a clear indication of a structured syllabus for RRB NTPC Recruitment Examination 2016. But as an RRB aspirant, there is only so much time you can invest on waiting for a revert.
Hence, to help aspirants in their quest of cracking RRB NTPC Examination 2016, we have deduced the expected syllabus for the upcoming railways examination.
Keep in mind that this is not the official RRB Syllabus for Non-Technical Recruitment Examination. But we are quite certain that it covers all the essential topics which are central towards the non-technical recruitment exam. We will talk about the expected exam pattern first, followed by a detailed account on RRB Non-Technical Recruitment Exam Syllabus.
RRB NTPC 2016 Expected Exam Pattern
From our deduction of previous years’ RRB NTPC Examinations, RRB Non-Technical Recruitment Examination 2016 will comprise of 100 Questions. There will be 4 sections with variable number of questions. Those sections are as follows:
- Arithmetic Ability
- Reasoning & General Intelligence
- General Awareness
- General Science
The total exam duration has been set to 90 minutes. Refer to the table below to understand the number of questions allotted to each section and the corresponding marks they carry.
|Name of the Section||Number of Questions asked||Marks allotted|
|Reasoning & General Intelligence||25||25|
From the table above, we can clearly see one thing – General Awareness is extremely crucial as the number of questions are highest from this section.
Marking Scheme: There are 2 particular norms which you need to look for in the upcoming RRB NTPC Recruitment Examination 2016.
- For every correct answer, +1 mark will be rewarded.
- For every incorrect answer, one-third mark will be deducted from the total score.
For sectional and overall cutoff marks, we will discuss later on.
RRB NTPC Examination 2016 Syllabus
As mentioned above, there are 4 sections in RRB Non-Technical Recruitment Exam. There are a number of topics from each section which a candidate needs to know about in order to solve questions. Here we go.
1. Arithmetic Ability
In RRB NTPC Exam, this section consist of questions based on Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation. You need to leverage both speed and accuracy to solve questions in time.
- Data Interpretation (Bar Graphs, Pie Charts, Line Graphs, tables etc.)
- Time & Work
- Time & Distance (Boats & Streams, Trains etc.)
- Pipe & Cistern
- Profit & Loss
- Margins & Discounts
- Speed Calculation
- Problems on Age
- Linear/ Quadratic Equations
- Simple/ Compound Interest
- Area & Volume
2. Reasoning & General Intelligence
The exam syllabus is quite vast for Reasoning and General Intelligence Section. The best way to go about it would be to solve previous years papers to know the type of questions asked in RRB NTPC Recruitment Exam.
- Classification of Odd pair
- Alphanumeric Series
- Decision Making
- Blood Relation
- Direction Sense
- Visual Reasoning (Pattern Detection, Hidden Images, Embedded Images, Mirror Images, Figure Matrix etc.)
- Statement Argument
- Statement Conclusion
- Statement Interference
- Problem Solving
- Eligibility Test
- Verbal & Visual Analysis
- Arithmetical Reasoning
- Sitting /Circular Arrangements
- Puzzles/Complex Arrangement
3. General Awareness
The General Awareness section in RRB NTPC Exam contains a mixed bag questions on Static GK and Current Affairs. This section acts as a major marks booster as the difficulty level of questions is easy to moderate. The main focus topics in General Awareness are the following.
- Indian Economy
- Indian History
- Indian Geography
- Indian Railways (Facts & Figures, History)
- Indian Polity
- Indian Culture & Heritage
- Current Affairs (National, International. Organizations, Person in News, Deaths & Demises, Awards, Science & Technology, Sports, Government Policies etc.)
- Static Affairs (National, International, Organizations, Awards & Honours, Science & Technology, Yearbook, Days, Dates etc.)
Note: If you haven’t paid attention to current affairs section, it is advisable to read about the national and international news and other related stories from source materials dated atleast 3 months before the day of examination.
4. General Science
Time to hit those old NCERT books. They will serve as the best resource material for the preparation of General Science section in RRB Non-Technical Recruitment Examination.
- Environmental Studies
Try and cover all these topics for the upcoming RRB NTPC 2016 Examination. If there are any further queries or doubts, please mention in the comments section below.
For better response, post your queries on OnlineTyari Community.