NVS Interview Round 2016: The Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti will be conducting NVS Interview round to recruit eligible aspirants for the post of NVS Teacher. There are around 2072 vacancies that need to be filled through this exam.
To crack NVS Interview round, candidates need to focus on a pre-defined strategy. In this article, we will help aspirants by providing some important tips and tricks on NVS Interview Round 2016.
NVS Interview Round 2016: Preparation & Tips to Crack
‘Interview’, a face to face interaction between the interviewer and the candidate/candidates so as to obtain desired information from him/them. Job interviews seem frightening, even if the individual is well prepared. To overcome this fear, one should need to remember these preparation tips which will definitely help him/ her to perform efficiently:
- Male candidates must wear a simple formal trouser, full sleeve shirt (preferably white), simple tie, mid-calf length socks, matching shoes and belt. Stay away from jeans for the interview.
- For females, on the other hand, must wear a suit or saree, with minimal makeup, trim nails and avoid flashy nail colours, and an understated purse will do. Clothes should always be clean and well ironed.
- Research the school. Visit the school’s website to get information about the school’s philosophy, mission, academic programs, extracurricular activities, and more. The more you know about the school and the school district, the more likely you’ll be able to ask targeted questions to get an idea of what it’s like to work there.
- Prepare questions to ask. Come with a list of questions to ask the administrator and others interviewing you.
- Prepare documents to bring. Bring your teacher portfolio as well as an updated cover letter, resume and references.
- Address the female interviewer as ‘madam’ if you are not sure if to use ‘Miss or Misses’.
- Turn off your cell phone.
- A little politeness and exhibition of good manners and public behaviour are always counted as a plus no matter what the situation is. Small considerations like knocking the door before entering, seeking permission for entry, greetings (ladies first), waiting for the permission to take a seat, using thank yous frequently are all taken note of and speak a lot about the kind of person you are.
- Listen carefully. Answer questions using examples based on your experiences in the classroom.
- Too much mindless babbling will seldom lead you into trouble. Be absolutely conscious of what you are speaking and take the time to think about what is being asked and the situations.
- A positive body language attributes to various personality enhancements. For example, sitting in straight posture with hands in your lap/thigh shows attentiveness while fidgeting and slouching on the other hand shows discomfort. Eye contact with the board/interviewer and a clear voice shows confidence in the self.
- Try to arrive at interview location at least 30 minutes earlier than the interview.
- Express your interest. Make it clear that you want the job. Make sure your strengths are relevant to the role and weakness are not contrary to what is required for the role. Analyse the role. Think about what the interviewer wants to hear when answering this one. Keep in mind that each answer you give should add value to the position or company.
- Ask about their hiring plans. It’s perfectly okay to ask about their time frame and when you should expect to hear back.
Follow up- Write a thank you note after the interview. Do this for the administrator and everyone else who interviewed you as soon as possible after your meeting. Whether you’re hired or not, sending a note leaves a good impression. They’ll be more likely to think of you if a different position opens up that’s a good fit.
Note: Both overconfidence and too much nervousness are bad for an interview. This is because interview are designed to put you through small pressure tests and to gauge your reactions when you are in difficult situations. Try not to panic.
These tips to crack NVS interview will eventually merge into your behavioral patterns and will give you a personality everyone admires.
Stay connected for more information regarding NVS Teacher Recruitment Examination 2017. To excel in Teaching Exams, download the Best Teaching Exam Preparation App for free.