NABARD Development Assistant Exam Analysis 2016: The Preliminary Examination for the recruitment of development assistant was conducted yesterday. As per official notification provided by National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development, there are 85 vacancies this year for the post of Development Assistant. Here, we are provided a detailed outlook on the paper review of NABARD DA Prelims Examination 2016.
If you have appeared for the written examination, read ahead and understand the level of difficulty of each section and the overall structure of the paper.
NABARD Development Assistant Exam Analysis 2016
- 1 NABARD Development Assistant Exam Analysis 2016
- 2 NABARD Development Assistant Prelims 2016: Good Attempts & Optimal Time
To recap a little, the preliminary examination for NABARD DA Recruitment comprised on 3 sections – English Language, English Language and Reasoning Ability. The total number of questions was 100 and each question carried 1 mark.
- English Language (40 questions, 40 marks)
- Quantitative Aptitude (30 questions, 30 marks)
- Reasoning Ability (30 questions, 30 marks)
There was negative marking on each wrong answer i.e. 0.25 Mark. Now, talking about the NABARD Development Assistant Exam Analysis, the overall paper was Moderate but lingered on the boundary line of being very tricky. Let us go deeper into the section-wise paper review and understand the exam better.
NABARD Development Assistant Exam Analysis for Quantitative Aptitude Section
The Quant Section of NABARD DA Preliminary Examination was of Moderate difficulty level, with a few questions which were relatively easy from the topic simplification.
- Simplification – 10 (Easy Level)
- Data Interpretation (Tabular) – 5 (Moderate Level)
- Miscellaneous (SI and Compound Interest, Speed Time and Distance, Profit and Loss, Time and Work, Average, Ratio, Problems on Age) – 10 (Moderate Level)
- Series – 5 (Moderate Level)
An accurate attempt of 14-16 questions would be considered good in this section.
NABARD Development Assistant Exam Analysis for Reasoning Ability Section
The Reasoning Section was by far the easiest to attempt, with a number of no brainers and direct to apply method questions.
- Simple Puzzles (Circular, Linear) – 10 (Moderate Level)
- Direction Sense and Blood Relationship – 5 (Easy Level)
- Mathematical Inequalities- 5 (Moderate Level)
- Number Series- 5 (Easy Level)
- Miscellaneous (Coding-Decoding Etc.) – 5 (Moderate Level)
An accurate attempt of 13-18 questions would be considered good in this section.
NABARD Development Assistant Exam Analysis for English Language Section
The English Section, similar to Quant, was riddled with tricky questions and was quite Moderate in terms of difficulty level.
- Reading Comprehension with Vocabulary- 10 (Moderate Level)
- Sentence Correction- 5 (Moderate Level)
- Parajumble Words and Sentences- 5 (Moderate level)
- Spotting the errors- 10 (Easy Level)
- Cloze Test- 10 (Moderate Level)
An accurate attempt of 18-22 questions would be considered good in this section. This our take on NABARD Development Assistant Exam Analysis at the Preliminary Level for each section.
NABARD Development Assistant Prelims 2016: Good Attempts & Optimal Time
The preliminary examination was quite competitive yet a number of candidates were able to attempt it optimally. Depending on the structure and difficulty level of the paper, the number of good attempts in each section as well as optimal time is as follows.
|Section Name||No. of Questions||No. of Good Attempts||Time (in mins.)|
We wrap up our detailed NABARD Development Assistant Exam Analysis for Preliminary Paper here. Read about the job profile and career prospects of a development assistant from the article provided below.
Stay connected for more information regarding NABARD Recruitment 2016. To excel in Bank Exams, download the Best Bank Exam Preparation App for free.