If you are still confused about the LIC AAO Application Process 2016, refer to our previous article. In this article, we will be discussing the current exam pattern and syllabus of LIC AAO 2016 Exam. Scroll down to know about LIC AAO Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2016 in detail.
LIC AAO Selection Process 2016
There is a 2-step selection process.
1. Written Test (Objective MCQ Based)
2. Personal Interview (Shortlisted Candidates)
You need to qualify in the written test in order to move to the next level.
LIC AAO Exam Pattern 2016
The written exam is a Computer-based Test (CBT). It is an objective based MCQ Exam with 160 Questions. These questions will be asked from multidisciplinary sections.
The sections in LIC AAO 2016 are
- Reasoning Ability
- Quantitative Aptitude
- General Awareness
- Computer Knowledge
- English Language
The LIC AAO Syllabus is not static but the time allotted is 2 hours. In these 120 minutes, you will be facing 160 Questions.
|Name of the Section||Number of Questions||Marks Allotted|
Total Number of Questions – 160
Total Marks – 300
Time Allotted – 2 Hours (120 Minutes)
LIC AAO Marking Scheme 2016
From the above section, we have gathered information regarding the exam pattern of LIC AAO Written Exam. Unlike most government examinations, LIC AAO has a fairly vague marking scheme and marks distribution criteria. Let us discuss it.
- For Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude Section, you are awarded +3 for every correct answer and 0.75 is deducted for incorrect answer.
- For General Awareness and Computer Knowledge Section, you are awarded +2 for every correct answer and 0.5 is deducted for incorrect answer.
- Marks obtained in the English Section will not be considered in calculating the total score. But you have to score a min. qualifying marks in order to move to the interview round.
- Apart from an overall cutoff in the written exam, there is also sectional cutoff.
LIC AAO Syllabus 2016
There are 5 sections. Questions will be asked from a number of topics related to each section.
- Coding Decoding
- Series (Numbers and Alphabets)
- Odd One Out
- Arrangement (Linear and Circular)
- Blood Relations
- Number System
- Mixture and Allegations
- Ratio and Proportion
- Profit and Loss
- Speed, Time and Distance
- Sequence and Series
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Data Interpretation
This section can be divided into 2 categories – Static GK and Current Affairs.
- Static General Knowledge: Questions based on Indian History, Culture, Economic Growth, Industries, etc.
- Current Affairs: The latest happenings in the national and international scenario of economics, banking, insurance and people’s lives in general.
- Basics of Computer Systems
- History of Computers
- Computer Networking
- Functions of Input and Output Devices
- Operating System (OS)
- Microsoft Office and its Features
- Database Management System (DBMS)
- Internet – How did it evolve over the years
- Shortcut Keys
- Latest Technologies
- Cloze Test
- Reading Comprehension
- Direct-Indirect Speech
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Sentence Rearrangement
- Spot the Error
- Idioms and Phrases
This sums up the entire syllabus for LIC AAO Exam. The Exam is alteast 2 months away, which gives you ample time for both learning and revision.
To understand the exam pattern and types of questions asked in LIC AAO Exam, try out previous years LIC AAO Solved Papers from the link below.