JPSC Prelims Exam Analysis 2006: Jharkhand Public Service Commission (JPSC) has recently closed their application process for the recruitment of candidates in various departments under Jharkhand Administration. The total number of vacancies for the JPSC 2016-17 is 326.
JPSC had conducted the same examination in the year 2006. Our article on JPSC Prelims Exam analysis 2006 will help aspirants to get a flavour of the nature of the questions asked in JPSC Prelims 2006 examination.
JPSC Prelims Exam Pattern
The very first step is to get familiar with JPSC Prelims Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2016-17. Let us have a look at the various phases involved in the JPSC Selection process. The Examination structure for JPSC Recruitment 2016-17 will follow a three phase selection process:
- JPSC Preliminary Exam
- JPSC Mains Exam
Let us focus on the initial phase i.e JPSC Prelims written examination.
- The JPSC Prelims Exam will consist of one paper namely, General Studies.
- JPSC Exam will comprise 100 MCQ objective type questions.
- Each question will carry 2 marks.
- JPSC paper will be set in both English and Hindi.
|Subject||Number of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|General Studies||100||200||120 Minutes|
After getting in touch with JPSC Prelims Exam pattern, let us now move towards the nucleus of our article i.e JPSC Prelims Exam Analysis 2006.
JPSC Prelims Exam Analysis 2006
Overhere, we will divide our sections according to the weightage and the number of question asked to initiate JPSC Prelims Exam Analysis 2006. JPSC Prelims Exam 2006 comprised a sum total of 100 questions distributed along the following sections-
- Ecology and Environment
- Jharkhand state General Knowledge
- Current Affairs
- Miscellaneous Questions
Distribution of questions were as follows:
As evident from the graph above, most of the questions were asked from Geography, History, Science and current affairs. Let us get some detailed subject wise data on JPSC Prelims Exam Analysis 2006-
JPSC Prelims Exam Analysis 2006: History
In JPSC Prelims 2006 examination, a total of 15 questions was asked from history subject. This can be further classified as follows-
|Topic||Number of Questions|
|Art and Culture||4|
Clearly, Medieval History dominated with all the questions from the topics like Mughal Period and Delhi Sultanate.
JPSC Prelims Exam Analysis 2006: Geography
- There was a total of 20 questions in geography with only one question from world geography.
- Few astronomical questions like “How long does it take for sun to go around Milky Way Galaxy?” were surprise factors in the exam.
- 4 out of 20 i.e. 20% of Questions in geography were based on latitude and longitude.
JPSC Prelims Exam Analysis 2006: Science
There was a total of 21 questions from science section based on Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Difficulty level of questions was very basic. NCERT Books up to 10th Standard would have been sufficient to prepare science section for JPSC Preliminary 2006 Examination.
Let us have a look at the distribution of questions in the Pie-Chart below:
JPSC Prelims Exam Analysis 2006: Other subjects
- Apart from the upper discussed section, current affairs also covered a major chunk of questions in JPSC Prelims 2006 examination.
- Apart from these, there were questions based on several subjects as shown in the Graph on the top of this post.
- Difficulty level of mathematics was moderate. 8 questions were asked from mathematics subject.
- Difficulty level of Geography and History was easy but candidates might have faced some difficulty as the syllabus was huge.
So, here we conclude our article on JPSC Prelims Exam Analysis 2006. If you have any queries/ doubts, post them in the comment section below. Stay connected for more information regarding JPSC Recruitment 2016-17. To excel in State Exams, download the Best State Exam Preparation App for free.