IBPS RRB Officer Prelims Exam Analysis: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection has culminated the slot 3 exam of the day. The shortlisted candidates from the first phase will be called for the next round, Mains Examination.
Here we begin our IBPS RRB Officer Prelims 9th September Exam Analysis for Shift-3, where will discuss the difficulty level of the paper as well as the number of good attempts essential for qualifying for mains exam.
IBPS RRB Officer Prelims Exam Analysis | September 9 (Slot 3)
As per the exam syllabus and pattern for IBPS RRB Officer Scale-I Examination, there were 80 questions in total. Each question carried 1 mark and the total time to solve the paper was 45 minutes.
|Name of the Section||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
Now, talking about the difficulty level of the examination here is our detailed IBPS RRB Officer Prelims Exam Analysis for Slot III of 9th September 2017. The paper had an Easy to Moderate Difficulty Level, where most candidates said questions were doable.
Let us read about the section-wise IBPS RRB Officer Prelims Exam Analysis for Scale-I Examination 2017.
IBPS RRB Officer Prelims Exam Analysis for Reasoning Section
The level of the questions asked in reasoning section ranged from Easy to Moderate, and some were plain confusing. The Paper was a bit lengthy. The topic-wise breakdown is as follows.
- Sitting Arrangement & Puzzles – 20 Questions
- Logical Syllogisms – 5 Questions
- Mathematical Inequalities – 5 Questions
- Coding-Decoding – 5 Questions
- Miscellaneous – 5 Questions
Candidates having a good reasoning knowledge and practice can attempt 32-35 questions easily.
IBPS RRB Officer Prelims Exam Analysis for Quant Section
In the quantitative aptitude section of IBPS RRB Officer Scale-I, the level of the questions asked in reasoning section ranged from Easy to Moderate but a bit calculative. The topic-wise breakdown is as follows:
- Approximation – 5 Questions
- Quadratic Equation – 5 Questions
- Number Series – 5 Questions
- Data Interpretation – 15 Questions (1 Set of 5 Questions from Bar Graphs, 1 Set of 5 Questions from Line Graphs,1 Set of 5 Questions from Pie Chart)
- Miscellaneous – 10 Questions (Profit and Loss, Percentage, Average, Partnership, Problem on Ages, Time/ Distance and Speed, Boats and Trains)
Candidates having a good reasoning knowledge and practice can attempt 24-27 questions easily.
Based on our calculations, we assume a good attempt to be around 56-62 Questions with 90% accuracy. We hope this article on IBPS RRB Officer Prelims Exam Analysis has provided you some good insights on your performance.