IBPS RRB Officer Prelims Exam Analysis: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection has commenced the recruitment process today. IBPS will conduct the preliminary exam on 9,10 & 16 September in a number of slots. Candidates appearing for IBPS RRB Officer Scale I Prelims Exam should really give this a thorough read.
Today’s Slot 2 for IBPS RRB Officer Scale I Exam was set between 11:15 AM – 12:00 PM and here is the detailed review for the paper.
IBPS RRB Officer Prelims Exam Analysis | September 9 (Slot 2)
As per the exam syllabus and pattern for IBPS RRB Officer Scale-I Examination, there were 80 questions in total. Each question carried 1 mark and the total time to solve the paper was 45 minutes.
|Name of the Section||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
Now, talking about the difficulty level of the examination here is our detailed IBPS RRB Officer Prelims Exam Analysis for Slot II of 9th September 2017. The paper had an Easy to Moderate Difficulty Level, where most candidates said questions were doable. Since competition has amped up, a better score instills more confidence.
Let us read about the section-wise IBPS RRB Officer Prelims Exam Analysis for Scale-I Examination 2017.
IBPS RRB Officer Prelims Exam Analysis for Reasoning Section
The level of the questions asked in reasoning section ranged from Easy to Moderate, and some were plain confusing. The Paper was a bit lengthy. The topic-wise breakdown is as follows.
- Sitting Arrangement & Puzzles – 20 Questions
- Logical Syllogisms – 5 Questions
- Mathematical Inequalities – 5 Questions
- Coding-Decoding – 5 Questions
- Miscellaneous – 5 Questions
Candidates having a good reasoning knowledge and practice can attempt 32-35 questions easily.
IBPS RRB Officer Prelims Exam Analysis for Quant Section
In the quantitative aptitude section of IBPS RRB Officer Scale-I, the level of the questions asked in reasoning section ranged from Easy to Moderate but a bit calculative. The topic-wise breakdown is as follows:
- Approximation – 5 Questions
- Quadratic Equation – 5 Questions
- Number Series – 5 Questions
- Data Interpretation – 15 Questions (1 Set of 5 Questions from Bar Graphs, 1 Set of 5 Questions from Line Graphs,1 Set of 5 Questions from Pie Chart)
- Miscellaneous – 10 Questions (Profit and Loss, Percentage, Average, Partnership, Problem on Ages, Time/ Distance and Speed, Boats and Trains)
Candidates having a good reasoning knowledge and practice can attempt 24-27 questions easily.
Based on our calculations, we assume a good attempt to be around 56-62 Questions with 90% accuracy. We hope this article on IBPS RRB Officer Prelims Exam Analysis has provided you some good insights on your performance.